Fifty-Eight

╔══════════════╗

Emily

6 months.

6 long fucking months.

I hadn't seen or heard from anyone apart from my asshole only a brother and even then I don't look or talk to him. He always said that he was keeping me safe blah, blah, blah.

He just didn't want to see me happy with two of his friends. Tony said I was selfish yet he was the one acting like this. Steve and Bucky made me feel alive. They made me feel human and that I was wanted.

Without them I was nothing. Nothing but a washed-up ex-hydra bitch. That's all I was. An unwanted weapon and slave. No one ever truly did love me. It was fake. They pretended to love and care for me just to get what they wanted.

Yet it wasn't like that with Bucky and Steve. They didn't care about what I did in the past. They loved me for who I was.

My phone vibrated on the table and I looked at the message from an unknown sender. I opened it and smiled.

Unknown: Hey girl. It's me.
Your main girl. I may have hacked
into your stupid brother's system to
get this number.

Unknown: I know things have been hard
but trust me, I'm working on the bro.
I miss your dumb face and stupid jokes.

Me: I miss you. I wish I
was at home watching movies
or training with you.

Me: How are the boys?

Unknown: Ok. Not good but they
are doing their best. Tony is a total
prick.

Unknown: I've done my best to
help you out. but we know how your
stupid brother is. I have sent a present

your way. It should be with you tomorrow

I hope anyway

Me: I love you Nat. Look after
the boys for me. Tell them I

love them so much and I miss them

I wiped my eyes free of tears and I curled into a small ball on the sofa, wishing they were with me. I knew that Tony would have found out about the boys and me, but I hoped he didn't have such a severe reaction. It was painful knowing that my brother didn't support my love and I knew I should have told him before. It might not have been as bad.

"God," I cried, "I'm such a failure,"

There was a knock on the door and my heart dropped into my stomach. I didn't move and pretended that the house was empty. I wasn't expecting anyone and Tony always told me if he was coming over. I rolled onto the floor as I saw something pass by the window and look in. Thankfully no one could see as far as the sofa. When they walked away, I grabbed my phone and messaged Nat.

She sent one back quickly and told me to open the door.

I didn't want to. I was scared but whoever was on the other side, knocked again.

I grabbed my gun and carefully walked to the door. My gun was pointing towards it as I opened it and I almost cried the moment I saw him. I threw the gun away and leapt into Steve's arms, kissing him hard. Our tongues were exploring each other's mouths and he stepped further into the house, kicking the door closed behind him.

The moment my back hit the wall, I knew that we wouldn't be talking to each other and I didn't care. Not at all.

Steve's fingers ran up and down my bare back as we laid naked together in my bed. I squeezed him tighter and kissed his chest.

"I missed you," I whispered and tried not to cry, "I've missed you so much,"

"I've missed you as well, Princess," Steve said, kissing the top of my head, "I've been losing my mind without you,"

I looked up at his blue eyes, "I love you,"

"I love you too," He said, smiling softly, "I know this isn't what you wanted. I feel the need to say sorry for how things turned out. We should have been more careful,"

"No, you don't have to blame yourself. It's ok,"

He sighed, "Bucky will be here tomorrow. I told everyone I was on the way back from a mission. Nat has me covered because she was with me. I have to thank her somehow for this,"

I laughed slightly, "I didn't think that you or Bucky would be my present,"

"It was a good cover story. I thought I would be here tomorrow but if Bucky and I head back to the tower together, Tony would get suspicious,"

"I agree. I assume someone dealt with the cameras everywhere,"

"They did," Steve smiled, "Turns out, Peter Parker prefers you over Tony. He was upset about how things turned out and he helped us as well. Oh, but you owe him a date,"

I couldn't help but laugh, "Oh, god. I bet Tony will have a heart attack if he sees us on a date,"

"True but he'd never hurt the kid," Steve said, pulling me on top of him, "We are getting closer to finding that group. I promise that they will be wiped out and you won't ever have to worry about them again,"

"I won't worry," I said, kissing him slightly, "Not when I have two, sexy, super-strong soldiers looking after me,"

Steve smiled and brushed my hair from my face, "You are so beautiful, Emily,"

"You aren't so bad yourself,"

"I promise that I will look after you. No one will hurt you again. You have my word,"

I shook my head, "There will be fighting and as much as you hate me saying this, I enjoy the fight. I'm bound to get hurt, Steve. It's what happens when you get caught up in shit,"

"Maybe so but I can't lose you," He said, holding my face, "And I will do everything to keep you safe. Bucky agrees with me. If things turn sour, we get you out of there as quickly as possible,"

I smiled, "I love you and Bucky too much,"

"And we love you," Steve chuckled and kissed my forehead, pulling me down into a tight hug. I closed my eyes not wanting the hug to end but I knew he had to leave eventually.

If he didn't show up at the tower, Tony would get suspicious.

╚══════════════╝