Nineteen

╔══════════════╗

The week went by without any issues and Clint told me that Jester got the beating of his life. I asked why and he laughed. But didn't give me an answer. I then went to Nat who also laughed but again, no answer.

"Steve!" I yelled and stomped into the kitchen, "You will tell me, won't you?"

"Tell you what?" He asked slurping his coffee.

"I know when you are lying," I said, "And if you don't tell me, I can use my truth or dare cards,"

Steve bit into his lower lip, "What do you want to know?"

"Why Jester got the shit kicked out of him,"

"Do I have to tell you?"

"Yup!" I said, folding my arms.

"Fine, fine," He muttered, "Just don't tell anyone that I told you. Tony thought it was a good idea to use Bucky to get him to talk. Turns out it was a bad idea. Jester taunted him and then he spat on him before chatting rubbish about you. Bucky went as cold as ice and that was it. It took me, Tony, Thor and Clint to pull him off him. It surprised us all how quickly he snapped but I suppose he did get spat on.

Yes, because that was what caused him to snap.

"So why did Nat and Clint not tell me?" I asked, "There has to be another reason,"

"There is," He said slowly, "But I really don't think it is my place to say. Speak to Bucky. He might tell you,"

"But I'm asking you,"

"Oh, would you look at the time!" Steve said looking at his empty wrist, "I have to get ready for the party tonight,"

"I will get you later!" I shouted as he rushed off, "The dumb fuck,"

"Emily?" I heard Nat call, "Where are you gorgeous? It's time to get ready!"

I walked out of the kitchen and saw her and Wanda waiting by the lift with a couple of bags. They grinned at me and I rolled my eyes knowing full well what was in them.

"If there is anything too revealing, Tony will lynch you," I said as they dragged me into the lift.

"It isn't bad. We promise," Wanda smiled, "I picked the dress. Nat wanted you to wear a tiny outfit that didn't cover much,"

"It is her first Stark party," Nat said, "Half of the women there will be wearing nothing. Emily needs some attention and some fun,"

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe but don't forget I have to see someone first,"

"You are still going to see him?" Nat narrowed her eyes at me.

"He wanted to see me when I was in the hospital. I should entertain him for a few minutes," I said and we reached my floor, "I said that I would listen to what he had to say and then leave. I'm interested in what he has to say,"

Nat sighed, "Alright. I can't stop you. Who is going with you?"

"Steve,"

"Not Bucky?" Wanda smirked at me, "I'm sorry. Your thoughts are too loud,"

"Oh my god. Something happened!" Nat squealed, "Tell me everything. How big is his dick? Does he-"

"Oh jeez," I said, "I don't know that! We...we kissed and that was it,"

"But it was hot, right?"

I bit into my lip and nodded, making the girls squeal once again. I pushed them away and told them to get their asses ready. It didn't take me long to shower and when I was finishing up putting my makeup on, the girls stepped into the room holding my dress up.

"Ok, that isn't bad at all," I smiled, "Thank you,"

"Now, get your ass ready. Your date is here already," Nat winked at me and left me to get ready.

"Do you like Bucky?" Wanda asked and I stepped into my dress, "I won't tell anyone if you do,"

"I kissed him first," I said, ruffling my hair up, "I think that was obvious when you read my mind,"

"I know but I wanted to hear it from you," She smiled, "You look lovely,"

"So do you," I said, "I supposed I should go see the ex-boyfriend before he turns up here,"

I slipped into my stilettos and walked out to find Steve laughing with Nat. He almost choked on his breath when he saw me and I rolled my eyes.

"Wow, you look, wow," Steve said looking me up and down, "Tony is going to have a fit when he sees you,"

"My tits and ass aren't out," I said, "I'm covered. Don't worry too much,"

"Right," He said, "We should leave before anyone stops us. Tony doesn't know you are going to see Jared. I told him I was taking you for something to eat,"

"You can still get something to eat," Nat said handing me my bag, "Just don't smudge your lipstick or Bucky will get jealous,"

"Why would he get jealous?" Steve frowned, "Oh! Has something happened between you two?"

"Nothing has happened," I said, shooting a look at Nat, "Please don't be too drunk when I get back,"

"I can't promise anything," Nat grinned, "Now go and kill, I mean dump Jared's ass for good. We will see you when you get back,"

I quickly hugged the girls and Steve put his hand on my lower back as he led me to the lift. The ride to the garage was quiet and he kept his hand on me as we walked to the car. He opened the door for me and I smiled at him.

"You are such a gentleman," I laughed when he climbed behind the wheel.

"What can I say? I was raised right,"

"Are you are a gentleman all the time or can you misbehave at times?"

Steve chuckled, "I can misbehave but I never have the chance."

"What about tonight?" I asked as he drove, " You can let your hair down a little, get drunk with Thor's alcohol and maybe, you can have sex,"

"Can you stop mentioning sex?"

"Sorry. I enjoy seeing your reaction. I will behave," I said patting his thigh, "You look very handsome by the way,"

"Thank you," He blushed, "Emily, you would tell me if there is something going on with you and Bucky, right? I don't want to get in the way and I will back down,"

"Back down?" I frowned.

"Nevermind," He said, "Um, tell me where to go. I don't want to get lost,"

"Take a right up here and then the first left," I said, looking out of the window, "It's the new club somewhere downtown. You can't miss it."

╚══════════════╝