Seventy-One

╔══════════════╗

Bucky

I was lying on my bed feeling pretty damn happy and staring at the ceiling. Emily was finally ours again. Hopefully Steve explained himself and now, we just had to take things slowly again. I didn't want to upset her anymore than we already had.

Emily deserved the world.

I let out a happy sigh and closed my eyes, just to jerk them awake when Steve crashed into my room. He slammed and locked the door, resting his head on the door.

"Um, come in," I said.

"We need to talk,"

"Shit," I said sitting up, "What did you do? Did Emily-"

"Oh, no. Emily and I are fine. We fucked in the back of my new car," Steve said.

I grinned, "Nice,"

Steve turned around, "This is a little less fucks and cuddles,"

"Ok. Hit me with it,"

"I...I want to have a family. I want everything that I wished for when I was young," Steve started to pace, "Marriage. Children. A home away from all...this,"

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I want to marry Emily and have children with her," Steve said and sat next to me, "I've never wanted something so much before but with her she is the only reason why I wake up in the morning. I don't want so scare you away but-"

"Steve. My turn to talk," He flinched as I put my hand on his shoulder, "I've been meaning to tell you this but I feel the same,"

"You do?!"

"Of course," I smiled, "Emily makes me feel human. She's my everything. You're my everything. I'd be stupid to give that up. Emily needs to hear this but I'm worried about how she would react,"

"That's what is worrying me. I'm scared that she will laugh and then we'd never see or touch her again. I don't know what to do,"

"Maybe...maybe we should talk to Tony,"

"He'd kill us,"

"You're wrong. He's happy that Emily is happy again. I spoke to him and I've apologised for how things happened,"

"Really?"

"I mean he did threaten to tear my other limbs off and beat me with them if I ever hurt his baby sister, but other than that he was good," I said remembering the fire behind his eyes, "He's in the lab. We need to talk to him,"

"What? Right now?"

"No, in two years time," I tutted, "Obviously now you idiot!"

"Alright. Sorry. I'm nervous,"

"You aren't asking his hand in marriage,"

"He'd marry me," Steve muttered.

"You've got as much chance as Thanos,"