Thirteen

╔══════════════╗

The flat was cold when I entered so I turned on the heating to full blast, waiting for it to heat up before I got changed.

My dad had given me the flat soon after I moved to New York. He told me that it could be a safe place for me and it was just for me. I often left for days on end but they knew where I was. I hadn't been here for years and it brought back a few good memories and a few bad ones.

I dropped onto the sofa and curled up into a little ball trying not to cry. Tony and I barely spent time together to argue. It had been a long time since we did but he never told me to leave before. He was the only family I had and he had done so much for me. We were close and I knew he always looked out for me but I was fed up with him trying to control my life and tell me who to date.

Tony stepped up even more when our parents were killed. Even to this day, I feel guilty. Guilty that I didn't tell them I loved them before they left and angry that I argued with them about something stupid. It didn't take me long to realise that they were right and I was wrong...again.

The streets of London were no help to me. The gang I used to be around fed me lies and I had 2 years of my memories gone. I was just too scared to tell anyone that I couldn't remember. What I did remember was a fight and being hit on the head. Dad knew about it and mum knew something had happened. She never pressured me to talk.

My phone buzzed beside me and it was a message from Tony.

Metalman: I'm sorry.
Metalman: please tell me
you are safe.
Metalman: I love you sis

I swiped the tears from my cheeks and told him I was safe and I loved him too. It was hard to stay mad at that jerk when all he did was look after me. I sighed loudly and rolled onto my back.

"Should I go home or not?" I rubbed my face and froze when there was a knock on the door. I sat up slowly holding my breath hoping the person on the other side would go away.

Knock knock.

I slowly got to my feet and tiptoed towards the door, still holding my breath. I looked out of the peephole and stumbled back, rushing to get my phone.

"Pick up, pick up," I whispered and my brother answered, "Tony, I-"

"You don't need to say sorry. I went too far and you're right. You are an adult but I love you and I want you to come home,"

"They found me," I whispered, "Tony, they are outside!"

"Stay put. I'm coming for you."

Tony hung up on me and the front door began to rattle. I stepped back into my bedroom and rushed around looking for a weapon but came up with nothing.

"Fuck!" I hissed and went to the kitchen pulling out a kitchen knife. I held onto it firmly, my hands shaking as the door was kicked open, almost being knocked off its hinges. I held back a whimper and the men I never wanted to see again strolled through the door.

"Ah, there you are Venus," He grinned wildly at me and I felt sick.

"I'm not Venus. I'm not that person anymore," I said quietly.

"I've been looking for you. For many years,"

"You found me and now you can leave," I said, surprising myself at how calm I sounded.

"That's the thing, Venus. Once you are in, you never leave,"

"Just, fuck off Simon!"

"My name is not Simon!" He yelled and pointed a gun at me, "It's Slasher so show some fucking respect. Skull. Cleaver. Bring the bitch to me,"

They charged at me but I swung the knife cutting them but they were more skilled than me. Skull punched me in the jaw and I hit the wall beside me.

I watched as Slasher closed the door and approached me, "I'm not yours, Slasher. I never was and I never will be,"

Slasher chuckled and knelt in front of me, "You wear my scar, Venus. You will always belong to me,"

Tears burnt my eyes, "What do you want with me?"

"What I have always wanted...you," He ran the back of his hand down my cheek and smacked me as hard as he could. I grunted in pain and he yanked me to my knees, "I wish I could keep you all to myself but I have a boss who has use for you. After all, they were the reason we picked you,"

"Who...who picked me?"

"Knock her out. She is asking too many questions,"

"Wait!" I screamed holding my hands up, "Just tell me what you are talking about and I will leave with you. I won't fight,"

Slasher tilted his head, "HYDRA. But I'm done answering questions. Who has the needle?"

I jumped to my feet knocking Slasher on his ass and I bolted for the front door. I managed to yank it open before his friends dragged me back in kicking and screaming.

Tony, please hurry!

"Hold her still!"

"Inject her already!"

"Venus if you don't stay still then bad things will happen to you," Clobber said wrapping his hands around my throat, "I'm losing my patience,"

"F-fuck...you!" I choked out.

"Jester, stomp on this whores face,"

Jester laughed like a mad man and kicked me in the face, making my eyes rattle in my head. The pain was immense and my head felt as if it was going to explode.

"This is going to be fun!" He laughed.

"Please," I whispered, blood trickling from my mouth, "Please...don't,"

"No time to beg now, Venus," Jester said and lifted his foot above my face. I whimpered in fear and pain.

The last thing I remembered was a shooting pain in my face before everything went black.

╚══════════════╝