Sixty-One

╔══════════════╗

Emily

I knew I was annoying them and I was loving every single second of it. When I didn't get a reaction from them, I only sang louder and more out of key.

"But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart I just don't think he'd understand, and if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart, he might blow up and kill this man, oooh!" I sang loudly and did the worse line dancing I have ever seen in my life, "You can tell your ma I moved to Arkansas,"

"Shut the fuck up, Emily!" Butcher yelled punching the metal bars keeping me confined.

"I take it you aren't a Billy Ray Cyrus fan. That's alright," I said, rolling my eyes, "I won't sing that anymore,"

Butcher shot me a look and turned his back on me, carrying on smoking.

I smirked and cleared my throat and sang as loudly as I possibly could, "I am the one and only! Nobody I'd rather be. I am the one and only! You can't take that away from me!"

"Fuck sake!" Butcher shouted and shot his gun at my feet. I yelped and crashed into the bars behind me, "If you don't shut the fuck up I will rip your god damn throat out!"

"Well, ok then. Not a fan of the classics. Got it,"

"I'm warning you," He growled.

"Down boy," I teased, "Don't act all feral on me, Brett. Bad dogs get put down,"

"I'm going to fucking kill you!"

"Oh, boohoo. I'm crying," I rolled my eyes, "I have a better song. Did you want to hear it?"

"That's it," He hissed and grabbed the key to open the cage I was in. I held back a smirk as he came into my space, "I'm going to-ugh!"

I punched his throat as hard as he could and as he dropped, kneed him in the face dropping him. I then stamped on the back of his head making sure he didn't get back up anytime soon. His gun was on the floor and I grabbed it, before locking him in the cage.

"Dumbass," I muttered and snuck through the corridors of the place they had taken me to. I for one had no clue where I was. All I knew was that it was abandoned and made me think that Hyrda had a thing for abandoned buildings. Talk about conspicuous. You'd think they would be hiding in plain sight to avoid being caught but they were dumber than I thought.

I could hear voices floating around and I crouched down moving forward. The further I got from the voices, the more my heart began to race. I knew there would be more people around and the only one who would shoot me was in the room I was running from.

My heart was almost hurting my chest from how hard it was beating but I could let the pain stop me. I had to get away from them. I held back a gasp of surprise when someone moved from one room to another and I ducked down behind a wall hoping they didn't see me.

I chewed my split lip not caring that I had made it bleed again but I needed to focus and get the hell out of this place. 

Think, think, think.

Fuck it. Who needs to use doors, am I right? 

I held my breath and poked my head around the wall and crawled forward to the large window in front of me. The glass was long gone in this decrepit building and I climbed through it, landing on the floor outside. That was the easy bit. I now had to run through the open grounds and onto the streets of what I hoped was still New York.

"Where the fuck is she?"

Uh-oh.

"Find her and bring her to me!"

"She is still in this building. I don't care if you drag her to me by her hair, I want that bitch back!"

I crawled along the side of the building holding my breath in hopes they wouldn't find me. I could hear heavy feet running up and down the empty corridors in search of me. I wasn't sure if my heart was beating anymore but I would rather pass out in the middle of a busy road than be caught.

"Emily!" I heard Slasher sing, "I know you are still here! It will be better to come to me than let someone drag you here,"

Fuck off.

Just keep moving. Just keep moving. Or swimming if you were a Finding Nemo fan. God, what was wrong with me? 

The ground was hard beneath my knees and I knew they'd be sliced to pieces by the time I got up. Not to mention Steve's shirt was covered in Bucky's blood and my blood. Butcher's as well.

"Did you honestly think you could escape, Emily?" A voice said above me.

"Fuck," I whispered and I looked up to see Clobber smiling down at me.

"You almost made it. I commend you for that,"

"H-hello," I said.

"Give me the gun, Emily," He said, swinging his leg out of the window, "And this will be pain-free,"

I sat back on my bare feet and stared at the gun in my hands. I knew I had killed people before but if I pulled the trigger, I wouldn't stand a chance of escaping. I'd bring the attention to me.

"Ok," I said as Clobber reached down. I looked up and saw my chance. I yanked him down and shoved his face down onto the floor, wrapping my arm around his throat and pulling hard. He let out a quiet, strangled yell as I choked him. He was struggling but I had the advantage. He wasn't expecting it. A few moments later, his body went limp.

I took one last look at him before I decided running would be quicker. I counted to three and took off as fast as I could. I heard yelling behind me but I carried on running, ignoring the searing pain of rocks and glass stabbing into the soles of my feet.

The metal gates surrounding the building got closer and closer but I screamed when someone stepped out from behind a tree and I crashed into them, unable to slow down. We tumbled to the floor and I grunted in pain when something sharp was stabbed into the base of my neck.

"Got you," Mad Dog giggled into my ear.

I could respond and my vision went black.

God damn it.

╚══════════════╝