Seventeen

╔══════════════╗

The walk to the cell seemed longer than it probably should have been. A few agents were dotted around keeping watch on the cameras. The cell Jester was kept in was one that Loki knew well. It had been repaired after Thor fell from the sky in it and Tony moved it to his tower just in case it was needed for Loki or the Hulk.

I pulled my sleeves down to cover my hands, with Nat and Bucky walking at a safe distance behind me. They hadn't said a word to me once we got into the lift and I was grateful for them. I wasn't sure how to strike a conversation considering I was about to see the man who beat me as a teen. Not to mention everything else that happened.

"Are you sure you are ok to do this?" Nat said making me jump and I nodded, "Did you want us inside with you?"

"No. I have to do this alone,"

"We will be outside the door. If you need us just scream, Doll," Bucky said, squeezing my shoulder and I nodded. He pushed the door open for me and I stepped inside, seeing Jester sprawled out on the metal bed frame, bolted to the floor. He was given a small book and I spotted a table with a plate of food on it. Untouched. I wouldn't have been as nice. I would have let him starve.

"Well, well," Jester said finally noticing me, "If it isn't our little Venus,"

"I'm not that person anymore," I said walking forward and I sat down on the chair by the cell. He chuckled and closed the book, moving forward. He sat on the floor in front of me and rested his elbows on his knees, "Stop looking at me like that,"

"Like what, Venus?" He smirked and tilted his head, "I am only remembering the good times we had when Slasher wasn't around,"

I grit my teeth as my blood ran cold, "You know something that I don't and I want answers."

"And why should I give you answers?" Jester asked, "You are no better than I am. Back in London, you were one of the most feared girls around. What makes you think you are better now? Because you were adopted by a criminal or because you have more money than sense?"

"My dad wasn't a criminal no matter what people say,"

"You keep believing that," Jester laughed, "I have to say, Venus, you have grown up very well. I always thought you were a cute teenager but now? You truly have blossomed into a beautiful young lady. I can only imagine how you would taste now,"

"Enough!" I yelled, "What the fuck have you done to me!?"

"What are you talking about?" Jester rolled his eyes and got to his feet, leaning on the glass to try and get a closer look at me, "Do you still wear my scar? Slasher may have made his mark on you but so did I,"

I felt physically sick and I had to do my best not to flinch when he ran his tongue up the glass. I almost shifted in my seat and he laughed once again. I subtly took a deep breath and crossed my legs.

"Dan, I know you work for HYDRA," I said and his face darkened when I used his real name, "I know you did something. I only had to look in a mirror to know and a friend ran some blood tests. I have the same serum as Bucky and Steve,"

"Ah yes. The Winter Soldier and Captain America," Jester said, "You should be thanking us for your super healing. Of course, I did enjoy your body covered in bruises,"

"When did you have the chance to give it to me?" I asked, "I...I don't remember,"

"You wouldn't," Jester shrugged, "Your memories were wiped until you were ready for them. I was only doing as I was told but I don't regret it. In fact, I loved hurting you. It was thrilling,"

"Why? Why would HYDRA do that to me? I'm a nobody,"

"Exactly," He laughed, "You were a nobody and now you are a somebody. Why do you think you were sent to that particular orphanage? Why do you think your friends from the orphanage went missing or you were told they were adopted?"

I didn't say anything. There were a few people who lived in the home with me that went missing or were adopted. But no one got to say bye to them and when the police showed up to ask about the missing kids, they were quickly sent on their way. The owners had nothing to say because the kids had no records. If I was smart enough, I would have run away and found a better place to live but unfortunately for me, I was grabbed by Slasher and the need for a family.

"You finally understand, Venus," Jester said, "You were at that place for a reason and we came after you for a reason. You were a target since the day you were born. Your parents turned their backs on HYDRA and ran away. Luckily they were found and killed. You were lucky to escape but you living in that orphanage wasn't a coincidence,"

I swallowed hard, "My parents?"

"Yes. Your parents," He rolled his eyes, "They worked for HYDRA and your mother falling pregnant was what they needed. Of course, I was only a kid but I remember the day you were born. You see, we are all special, Venus. Kids of HYDRA. Better than your stupid boyfriend,"

I got to my feet and clenched my fists, "Tell me what the fuck was done to me!"

Jester burst into laughter and walked back to his bed, dropping down, "I think I've told you enough, Venus. Count yourself lucky that I was in a good mood. Oh, and tell the two on the other side of the door that they won't get another word out of me. My lips are sealed."

"You-"

"You can leave now," Jester said trying to shoo me away, "You are HYDRA, Venus. Never forget that,"

╚══════════════╝