Ten

╔══════════════╗

Well, this was awkward, to say the least.

The moment I opened my eyes I was met with a firm, muscly chest that almost begged me to lick. My heart was racing and jumping around like I was some horny teenage girl. Bucky's metal arm was wrapped around my waist and I was leaning on his right. His breath was soft and tickling the top of my head. I had never felt so comfortable in someone's arms before. Not even Jared.

I swallowed hard and shifted slightly so I could look at Bucky's face. Despite all the trauma he had gone through, his features were still strong and handsome. The stubble on his face was kinda hot and I remembered him when he had the full beard. Tony had shown me pictures of everyone once the battle with Thanos had ended. Tony had taken everyone out for dinner, leaving me behind obviously, and asked someone to take a picture to commemorate the victory.

What I didn't tell my brother was that my eyes zeroed in on Bucky before anyone else. He was the only one who didn't have a full smile. It was a soft smile that was full of pain and happiness. He captured my attention straight away. I had forgiven him years ago for what happened with my parents. It wasn't his choice. He had no control. It took my brother a little longer but he did it in the end.

I almost leapt out of my skin when Bucky's eyes shot open and he looked down at me, smiling slightly.

"Morning, Doll," He said, in a deep husky voice that me shiver, "Are you cold?"

"Huh? Oh! No. I'm good. Nice and toasty," I said, mentally hitting myself in the face, "Did you sleep well?"

Bucky frowned, "The best sleep I have had in years, actually. You?"

"I have to agree," I said quietly, "Um, I should probably go. Do you know? If I get caught then well, things might get crazy,"

"Yeah," He said.

But we didn't bother moving.

"Are you going to go?" He asked, grinning.

"Yes. Are you going to let go?"

"Eventually," He said closing his eyes again, "Thank you for this morning. You helped. A lot,"

"That's what friends are for, Bucky,"

"So we are friends now?"

"When we were not friends?" I asked and he smiled, "Thank you for not telling Tony what happened to my face."

"I'd do anything to protect you, Doll," He muttered and hugged me tighter, "Just call me when you need help. I'd drop anything for you,"

"Why? You barely know me,"

"Your point?" He said, looking at me, "I like you. Of course, I'd protect you,"

"Like me?" I said, almost squealing.

"Why is that so hard to believe?" Bucky laughed, "You're gorgeous. Smart and can kick ass. What's not to like?"

"But...but I'm not-"

"Don't bring up your past," Bucky said, "We all have a past and there isn't anything you can do about it."

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't say sorry, Doll. I understand," Bucky said and stretched his arms out behind me, "I could stay in bed with you all day."

I blushed, "I could as well but I need to get up. I'm supposed to be meeting Tony at midday,"

Bucky smirked, "Really?"

"Yes!"

"It's gone 1 in the afternoon,"