Forty-One

╔══════════════╗

Steve

Someone kicked me in the chest and I grunted as I hit the wall behind me. I quickly blocked their punch and smacked them in the face with my shield. He dropped to the floor and I threw my shield across the room and knocked the other guys out.

"Does anyone have visual?" I asked and jogged towards another door, "Nat? Bucky?"

"Give me a minute," Nat said and I heard bodies drop, "Alright. I'm on my way to you. Bucky took off in the other direction."

"Bucky? Anything?"

"Not yet. There are so many punks around. Can they not back the fuck up?"

"Language,"

"Oh, bite me, Captain,"

I chuckled and I came to a stop as Nat rounded the corner throwing her body around a man and dragging him to the floor. She punched him in the throat and he choked on his own salvia. I watched her as she wiped her blood away from her mouth.

"Dumb bastard ambushed me," She said, "We need to head downstairs,"

"I think I found something. Nat is right. Come downstairs and head left from where you are. Then keep going straight. Just step over the pile of bodies,"

I held back my eye roll and followed Nat down the stairs. It didn't take long to find Bucky and the pile of bodies, and he put his finger to his lips as we approached him.

"There are voices inside," He said quietly, "I can't make out what they are saying. I can hear a girl,"

"Emily?" Nat asked.

"I'm not sure,"

I nodded, "Get ready,"

Bucky clenched his metal fist and punched the handle, knocking the door open. Nat stepped in pointing her guns at everyone.

"Drop the guns, ladies," She said and they did as they were told. Bucky and I worked our way through the men, tying their hands behind their backs and forcing them to lay on their fronts.

"Where is she?" Nat asked and the men laughed, "Alright,"

Bucky and I jumped when she fired the gun towards one of the men on the floor.

"I'll ask again, where is she?" Nat said and knelt in front of the man, "If you don't talk, the next bullet will end up in your skull,"

"Which girl are you talking about?" He smirked, "We have plenty here,"

I watched Nat's face go cold and she pressed the gun against his head. She glanced away and pulled the trigger. The other guys gasped out in shock and Bucky yanked one of the guys to his feet, holding him from the floor by his shirt.

"Where is Emily Stark?" Bucky growled.

"D-down the hall!" He stuttered out, "H-he has other g-girls there,"

Bucky tossed the guy across the wall and he dropped to the floor, not moving, "Oops,"

We followed Bucky and I kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't go on a rampage. Nat was angry but she kept quiet. I hoped Emily was ok and still had a sound mind.

"If you're happy and you know, clap your hands," A voice sounded from a door beside us and we stopped, "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands,"

"Doll?" Bucky said and the singing stopped.

"Bucky?"

I smashed the lock with my shield and, pushed it open seeing Emily chained to the ceiling, her toes barely touching the floor. The top she wore in the video was still on her but with more blood and little slices from knives. Her hair was bloodied and gelled to her face. I could see a few more bruises and cuts all over her body but it looked like she was healing.

"H-hey guys," She whispered and tried to smile, "I guess this would be kinky if I wasn't covered in blood, eh?"

"No time for jokes, Princess," I said unhooking her from the chain. I lifted her into my arms and held her tight to my body, "Let's go,"

"They will always chase until they get what they want," She said quietly and closed her eyes.

"We can take them down," Bucky said.

"My ass is cold,"

I sighed, "I'll rub it better later,"

"I'm sure you will," Nat chuckled. Bucky took his leather jacket off and threw it over Emily, covering her up, "Looking after your girl I see,"

"I feel that this is a little too easy," Bucky said quietly, "Where are her keepers?"

"I agree. Steve, something is wrong," Nat said.

"It's fine," I said, "We need to leave quickly before they come back,"

Emily held onto me tightly as I carried her out of the factory and Bucky took the lead, Nat taking up the rear. The jet was still where we left it and no signs of tampering. I laid Emily down on one of the seats and we took off, leaving the factory behind.

Tony was standing on the tower when we landed and I felt my heart race from how he was looking at us. I scooped Emily back into my arms and stepped off, ready to face the firing range.

"Take her to Bruce," Tony said glancing at her before turning on his heel, "Once she is comfortable, we need a chat."

"We are so fucked," Bucky said.

"Oh,  you have no idea how true that statement is," Tony said, "It isn't just me you have to deal with now. I warned you but you didn't listen,"

"We had to get her out," I said, "I didn't like sitting and waiting,"

"I expected more from you, Cap. I didn't think you'd go against my wishes and potentially throw yourself into a war zone," Tony snapped.

"Tony, I-"

"Stop," He said lifting his hand, "I don't want to hear it. Not right now. Just get her to Bruce and we will discuss what happened. I'm not in the mood to deal with your excuses,"

"You knew I wasn't going to sit back and wait," Nat said folding her arms, "I'm the one that found her,"

"Stop. Talking," Tony said through gritted teeth and I shook my head at Nat, who rolled her eyes as the lift went down to Bruce, "Lay her down. Banner!"

Bruce stepped out of another room and his eyes went wide when he saw the state of Emily as I laid her down on the bed. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled slightly.

"Hey, Captain," She said quietly, "Where's Bucky?"

"I'm here, Doll," Bucky said, "How are you feeling?"

"You don't want an honest answer," She said closing her eyes.

"You don't want to ask after me?" Nat asked and I rolled my eyes, "Have I been replaced as your best friend?"

"No," She whispered and her arms went limp, "Bright lights aren't friends,"

I frowned, "Emily?"

"Need...help," She said and her head rolled to the side.

"Tony? What's happening?"

"Get out of the way," Tony said and we stepped back, "Bruce? She's crashed. Get the hell out of here!"

╚══════════════╝