Fifty-Four

╔══════════════╗

I sat back in the chair as everyone was on their feet yelling at each other. I had drowned out what everyone was yelling about. Something to do with me but I wasn't listening. Steve and bucky were yelling at Tony and Sam. Not a clue what it was about but there you go.

I felt my eyes roll back and I sighed, loudly. I nodded and got to my feet and I cleared my throat.

"Guys, stop," I said and no one listened, "Guys! I said stop!"

Still, no one listened. Ok. Fine.

"That's it!" I shouted, "Everyone shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down!"

Everyone stopped yelling and sat down, catching me off guard.

"Thank you!" I snapped, "Now, I get why you are all arguing but grow the fuck up! I'm old enough to make my own decisions so stop acting like I'm some child. I know how to look after myself. You have all trained me and had a fight against me. Now, can you just stop being selfish and think about what I want to do? I'm so done with people trying to control me and use me. I can't deal with this shit right now,"

"Sorry, Doll," Bucky sighed.

"I'm sorry as well," Steve said, "It got a bit heated,"

"You think?" Tony said, "Sorry, Em."

"I'm kinda turned on," Nat laughed and my boys gave her a look, "What? I'm just being honest,"

"Ok, so what did you want to do about this?" Tony asked, "Since you're an adult,"

"Damn right I'm an adult," I said folding my arms, "But...I kinda zoned out because I was thinking of something else,"

Tony sighed while the others chuckled, "Your little gang is back and they have already taken down some Shield agents and they won't be stopping any time soon. Your name has been written in blood at every crime scene. Thankfully, the police know that it wasn't you and we are left to deal with these losers. They want you badly, Emily. Maybe you should think hard about what you want to do,"

I sighed and dropped onto my chair, "Honestly, I want them out of my life. I don't care if they are in prison or dead. I don't want to relive my past and I don't want Slasher to engrave his name on my forehead."

"Is that what he wanted to do to you?" Bucky asked.

I nodded and spoke softly, "From what I remember, being with them again, we were...doing stuff, you know? And after we stopped, he had this big blade in his hand and he pointed it at me, saying 'you'd look better with my name engraved into your forehead'. I laughed it off and went back to my room, sleeping with a gun under my pillow,"

"I'll kill him,"

"Get in line," I muttered, "Look, no matter what, I want to be the one to end him. That man has caused nothing but trauma and pain. Him and his band of losers. I don't know how we are going to bring them down, but...I want to kill him,"

"I don't think you should be involved in fighting them," Sam said, "As much as I think you'd do well, it won't be a pretty sight,"

I looked over at him, "Then you have no idea what they have made me do. I want in and that is it. If you don't let me in, then I will sneak into the fight,"

"I don't know," Steve said, "I know you are a great fighter, you knocked me on my ass, but I-we will be distracted with trying to protect you,"

I rolled my eyes, "Don't be the macho man, Steve. I can handle myself and I know they won't hurt me. They want me at their beck and call. I also know that Slasher won't let them hurt or kill me. He is weirdly obsessed with me and it's weird,"

"I don't like that he is obsessed with you," Tony said, "It makes him even more unpredictable and dangerous. I thought Bucky was dangerous,"

"I am," Bucky muttered.

"So what is the plan?" Nat asked, "They asked for a meeting and we all know it's a trap. What do we do?"

Everyone looked at me.

"If it's a fight they want, then maybe we should just give it to them," I shrugged, "I can't be the only one who is raring to go and beat the shit out of them,"

"Language," Steve muttered, but I chose to ignore him.

"I might be able to remember their fighting techniques and how they ambush a group," I said and Tony nodded, "You'll probably need to take the scouts out first. That way you won't get shot from above,"

"Sam and I can do that," Tony said.

"And when it comes to the fighters, well, they are practically indestructible," I shook my head, "I stabbed one of them in the eye and another in the neck and they are fine. They look untouched. They have rapid healing and I think their pain levels are high,"

"We can work around that," Wanda said.

"I'm not sure about Roman," I frowned, "He is in charge but I don't know if he has any enhancements. He hasn't shown any,"

"Who is the weaker member?" Nat asked.

"Probably Jester. Maybe, or even Clobber," I said, "They are sent to do menial jobs but don't underestimate them, they know how to fight."

"The strongest?" Sam asked.

"Slasher. No doubt," I said, "He has a weak spot though,"

"And where is that?" Tony asked.

"I'm not sure you are going to like what I'm going to say,"

"Probably not but do tell,"

"Me," I said looking at everyone, "I'm his weakness,"

"Physically he has none?" Bucky asked, "That can't be right,"

"I mean, if you kick him in the nuts then sure, but I've seen him get shot and he smiles,"

"Ok, so we are dealing with some very dangerous people," Steve said, standing up, "We will have to think logically about this and be a team. We can be in groups so we can cover each other. If Emily wants to be there then we have no choice but to protect her,"

"I agree," I said, "I don't wanna get shot,"

"You won't get shot, Doll," Bucky said.

"There is a possibility,"

"Not when you will have two super soldiers protecting you,"

I felt my face burn and I cleared my throat, "Sure. If you say so,"

Tony glared at them and then at me, before he smirked, "That's cute. Oh, did you tell everyone that you were a couple?"

"What?" Bucky said, with wide eyes, "With-"

"Steve. I caught you two coming out of the shower together."

"I-you-no!" Steve said, "That wasn't what-"

"Don't be shy," Tony chuckled, "It's normal to be in a same-sex relationship now. You don't live in the '30s,"

They both looked at me almost begging me for help and I smirked, "I agree. I think it's adorable that you can finally be comfortable with each other. I have two gay best friends! Sleepovers are going to be great!"

"I hate you. I fucking hate you," Bucky said, slamming his head onto the table, "You'll fucking pay for this,"

"Oh, I'm sure I will," I laughed, "Anyway, I'm going back to bed. I have a headache."

"Watch your back, Emily!"

╚══════════════╝