Twenty

╔══════════════╗

My heart was in my throat as we skipped the queue to the club and I could hear gasps about Captain America being at this club with a girl. I knew that my face would be on the front cover of the magazines but I didn't care. Tony would deal with everything and explain that we were there on a mission of some sort. I hoped anyway.

"Where is he?" Steve said in my ear, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist.

I looked around the club and spotted one of his friends, "Over there. I can do this by myself. Can you wait at the bar for me?"

"I'm not sure I want you to leave my side," Steve said, staring at Jared once he stepped into his sight, "Let me stay with you but I won't say anything,"

"Nothing will happen," I said, trying to convince myself that.

"Emily, I am not leaving you alone with that man."

I chose not to argue with him and let him lead me across the club to the VIP section. Jared's friend saw me and spat his drink everywhere and came over to me.

"Emily!" He said, giving me a quick hug, "I didn't think you would be here. Jared said that you weren't well,"

"I'm sure he did," I said, "But I won't stay. I need to talk to him and then I'm leaving,"

Ralph sighed, "I knew Jared wasn't good enough for you. I told him time and time again to stop being such a fucking prick. He is over there drinking away his sorrows and holy shit. You are with Captain America!"

I slipped out of Steve's arm and left him to entertain Ralph. I approached the table where Jared was sitting and he took a swig on his beer before noticing I was there.

"Emily!" He exclaimed and jumped to his feet, pulling me into a tight hug, "Baby, I missed you so much. When I found out you were in the hospital I almost died. My god. I love you so much and you look so fucking amazing. How are you?"

I moved his hands away from me, "I've never been better. You wanted to talk, so let's talk,"

"Now? I thought you were here to have fun with us," He said, putting his hands on my face but I knocked them away, "I've missed you. So much. I've been thinking about what I've done to you and I hate myself for it. You are an amazing girl and I regret ever hurting you. I know what I did was wrong but I really hope you can forgive me,"

"Is that it?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Is that all you had to say to me?"

"Yes, but I want you back. I don't want to be on a break anymore. I want you in my arms again and I want what we had. Please,"

I sighed and shook my head, "No,"

"No? What do you mean no?"

"No. I mean no. I don't want to get back with you. I've realised that I have been a fucking idiot for always taking you back when you couldn't keep your dick in your pants. My friends were right about you but I was so caught up with thinking I loved you that I didn't see it," I said and I saw his eyes darken, "You've made your bed so it's time to lay in it. I'm sure you can go back to your side chicks. It won't be difficult for you to find someone new. You have been with plenty of girls behind my back so have fun,"

"You fucking bitch," Jared snapped and grabbed my wrists, yanking me into him, "You fucking cheap whore! You don't get to decide what happens. You and I are together and-"