Twenty-Four

╔══════════════╗

Bucky

I ran my tongue across my lower lip as I watched Emily laugh with people as they said bye and a man spun her around, pressing a kiss to her forehead. I felt my jealously bubble up in my lower stomach and I forced myself to look away.

"Bucky?" Nat said, tapping me on the shoulder, "You up for a game of truth and dare?"

"Sure," I muttered and glanced back at Emily who dropped her shoulders the moment the last person left the room. She turned around and gave me a thumbs up. I beckoned her over with my index finger. I saw a smirk appear on her face and she shook her head, motioning me to come over to her.

How the hell could I say no to that face?

I downed my beer and chucked it onto the table, walking over to her, "Yes, Doll?"

"I have a favour to ask," She said, biting her lower lip slightly and I gulped, "You saw me knock that guy out, right?"

"I did,"

"He is still knocked out,"

"What?" I said, looking over in the corner, "Holy shit, Emily. Did you kill him?"

"No!" She said, hitting my chest, "I know my pressure points but I need to get him out of here and I don't need him talking to me again,"

I frowned, "What was he saying?"

"Things," She muttered, "It doesn't matter. I can wake him up but I need you to help me,"

I found myself smiling, "You need me to protect you. Is that it?"

"Maybe?" She questioned herself and she sighed, "Yes. I don't...I don't like the vibes he was giving me,"

"Why didn't you call for help, Doll?" I asked walking over to the man asleep on the chair, "I would have come over,"

"I was trying to get people's attention but I also didn't want to punch him at my brother's party,"

"Fair enough," I said and I smacked the man's face a few times before he jerked awake, "Time to leave,"

"Huh?" He said groggily and his eyes zeroed in on Emily, "You did this. You fucking bitch!"

Emily stepped behind me, holding the back of my shirt tightly and I put my hand on the man's chest, stopping him from moving forward.

"That isn't a smart idea," I said, "Don't forget where you are. The lady isn't interested in you, so move on,"

The man scoffed, "You are a bitch,"

"Wouldn't be the first time I've been called that," Emily mumbled behind me.

"Such a fucking whore,"

I felt my anger grow inside my chest and Emily pinched my ass, making me stare at her with wide eyes, "What the hell was that?"

"Thank you for coming. I'm sure Mr Stark will enjoy hearing from you in the morning. And if you want to know about the whore who knocked you out, my name is Emily Stark. Tony's one and only sister," She said and the man went pale. He nodded and rushed out.

"You didn't need my help. Did you?"

She giggled, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. What is so wrong with wanting to spend more time with you Bucky?"