Sixty-Two

╔══════════════╗

Although my head was pounding and I failed to escape, I was still in an annoying mood. I was back in the cage, but it was out in the open with everyone standing around me with guns. I overheard Butcher talk to Roman about the Avengers were near and could strike at any moment. And being who I was, was doing a great job at distracting them.

"Hey, hey," I said, tapping in the bars with my knuckles, "Look what I can do. I bet you can't do this,"

"Emily," Slasher said as calmly as he could when I started to dance around the cage, "I won't tell you again. Stop fucking around,"

"I see. Is it because you can't floss?" I said with a shrug, "Not many people can. Steve can't and well, not to be mean but he looks like a fish out of water. Bucky on the other hand? He just needs some practice. You should see Clint do it! That man can dance. Tony thinks he can do it but he just looks stupid,"

"Emily," Roman said, leaning on the bars with a chuckle, "Stop talking or I will sew your lips together. Do you understand?"

I sent him a thumbs-up and began dancing around again, humming obnoxiously. I had to grin because I was getting on their nerves but it was working because they all turned to me as the Avengers started to walk out of the darkness and closer to us.

"Well, I was wondering where you were!" Roman said noticing them, "It would be smart to stay where you are. Black Widow, if you were smart, you'll put your weapons away,"

"She isn't smart," I said loud enough for her to hear, "She doesn't know what quantum mechanics,"

"And you do?" Clobber asked quietly.

"Why are you so surprised? Oh, I get it. It's because I'm a woman, isn't it?" I scoffed, "You are such a misogynistic bastard. You know that right?"

"I'd agree but I don't know what that means,"

"Holy shit, Roman. Where did you find these idiots?"

"In the orphanage where I found you," Roman smirked.

"Makes sense,"

"Hand over my sister and I won't kill you," Tony said and he glanced at me, "How are you?"

"Dancing to the beat of my own drum," I said, attempting to twerk, "I'd feel better if I was out of this cage,"

"Animals belong in cages," Butcher scoffed, "Then we kill them,"

I reached through the bars, grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him face-first into the bar. His face crunched under the impact and he dropped to the floor calling me every name under the sun.

Slasher reached through and punched me in the nose. I grunted in pain and dropped to the floor.

"You stupid fuck!" I screamed, "You broke my nose!"

"It won't be the last thing either, baby,"

I tried to hold back tears but the pain was spreading through my face. I curled into a ball and opened an eye to see the Avengers pulling out their weapons. I spotted Bruce holding back the Hulk. I knew then that they were ready for war.

I had to try and give the Avengers the upper hand.

"Hey, Slasher?" I whispered, knowing how to distract him and the others from the fight.

"What is it?" Slasher said kneeling next to the cage, "Need a tissue?"

I shook my head, "No. I'm pregnant," I lied.