Eighty

Iddy-biddy time hop.

╔══════════════╗

My hair was stuck to my face with sweat and tears, as another contraction hit me. Bucky was on his way back from a mission and Steve was trying not to pass out beside me. I felt bad for him but then again, this was his fault. Bucky's as well but since Steve was the only one with me, it was all on him.

"This is your fault," I said, through the pain, "You got me into this mess. You bastard!"

"Sorry," He said quietly.

"I hate you. I fucking hate you," I cried and he brushed my hair from my face, "You dumb bastard with your super-sperm and muscles,"

Steve didn't say anything, he just kissed the top of my head.

"It hurts," I whimpered, "It hurts so much,"

"I know, Princess," He said, "Just think about what happens after the pain,"

"Yeah, I'm cutting your fucking dick off!" I snapped as another contraction hit, "Where is my midwife and where the fuck is Bucky?"

"He's almost here and the midwife said she will be back," Steve said, "You have to take deep breaths,"

"Deep breaths?" I said, grabbing a hold of his shirt, "Don't tell me what to do. Deep breaths? I should throw you across the room and tell you to take deep breaths when I break your neck!"

"Wow. Ok," Steve said, "A little extreme,"

"Extreme is having to push a baby out of my vagina! Extreme is knowing that it's like pushing a bowling ball through a pinhead! So you tell me what is more extreme?"

"I'll keep my mouth shut,"

"You do that," I said, throwing my head back, "I love you,"

Steve chuckled, "Yeah, I know. I love you too,"

The door opened and a midwife came in, "How are we feeling?"

"I wouldn't ask her that," Steve said.

"Brilliant," She smiled, "I'm going to check if you have dilated more. Have your contractions got closer?"

"Yeah," I said, taking a deep breath, "Can I get this baby out of me now?"

"Let me just see," She said and Steve glanced at me once again when the midwife pulled her gloves on and spread my legs. I winced slightly and she looked up at me, "We are ready to have a baby,"

"But-but Bucky isn't here!" I said, panicking, "I want Bucky!"

"The baby isn't going to wait for anyone, Emily," The midwife smiled, "I'm sure he will get here in time,"

"Oh god," I whimpered as another contraction hit and she began telling me what to do. The pain was intense and the burn...my God the fucking burn.

"Alright, I can see the top of baby's head," She said, "When the next contraction hits, I need you to push as hard as you can. Once the baby's head is out you can have a small breather and push again,"

"Ok," I cried and Steve gripped my hand, grunting in pain when I squeezed tightly.

The door flew open unexpectedly and Bucky rushed in, slamming the door behind him. He turned around and his eyes went wide at the sight, his face going pale.

"Fuck me!" He said, stepping back. Steve grabbed him before he could pass out and dragged him to stand on the other side of me, "What the hell was that? I've seen war and death but that was the most...shit, I'm sweating and-"