Forty-Seven

╔══════════════╗

The pain radiating from my body was unbearable and I whimpered in the corner of my room, tears streaming down my bloodied face. My body had bruises scattered around and paper-thin cuts up my legs, arms and torso. The white shirt they had put me in, had patches of white but it was mostly covered in blood and dirt.

At least they had the decency to disinfect the wounds this time.

I bit into my lower lip as I pushed myself to sit up and I let out a shaky breath, trying to ignore the pain. I knew I would heal but it still hurt. The crawl to my bed felt like hours and I pulled the cover over myself, so my eyes were left on show. 

After the meeting with Roman, he decided that the best thing for me was to put me on the machine that burnt. I wasn't sure what it was or how it did it, but it sent painful electric shocks through my body and my brain burnt. Cleaver had snitched on me and Roman wasn't too happy.

I was given a beating of a lifetime. Everyone, apart from Slasher, beat the shit out of me. I had to lay there and take it or I'd get a longer beating. I sobbed in silence as they cut my body and punched me. I had passed out from the pain and when I woke up, I was in the corner of my room.

The reason behind my beating?

A group that called themselves the Avengers had landed in London.

It hurt my brain when I thought about them. It was strange. There was something there inside me that told me I knew them. But I didn't remember meeting them or ever seeing them. Roman was angry at me like it was my fault they were in London. I just told him that I had no idea who they were but I still got in trouble.

After everything I had done for him, I get hurt because of these people.

Roman sat opposite me at breakfast. Slasher was beside me and Jester sat on the other side. The others were dotted around and everyone was silent. I poked at my food not wanting to eat but I knew I needed my energy. Roman was planning something and it was written all over his face.

Our plates were cleared and Roman stood up, making everyone look at him.

"As everyone knows," He spoke with bitterness laced in his voice, "Our enemy has decided to grace us with their presence. I for one will not stand for any interruptions that will stop us from fulfilling our duty as Hydra. We will stop them and we will make sure that every one of them is dead,"

"How do you want to get on with it then?" Mad Dog asked.

Roman chuckled, "I have a plan. Our little Venus will lure them out. I for one, know that they won't cause any harm to her,"

"Can...can I ask why?" I asked.

"No," Roman narrowed his eyes at me, "You will be put on the machine again. I don't like your questions. You will do as you are told or you will be punished for it. Do you understand, Venus?"

"I do, Mr Johns," I said quietly.

"We leave in an hour," Roman said, "Gear up and get ready for a fight. Venus, if you fuck up, you know what will happen,"

I nodded and kept my hands on my thighs. I didn't want another beating.

"Good girl," Roman said, "You can leave first, Venus. I need to have a private conversation with the boys. Go,"

"Yes, Mr Johns," I said and left the room without another thought.

Avengers.

Why did that name hurt my head?

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, "What is going on with me?"

I jogged up the stairs and headed to my room to get ready. I stripped and caught my reflection in the mirror stopping my next move. The cuts had healed themselves and there were a few bruises that had almost healed. It made me feel sick that whatever was flowing through my veins made me heal unnaturally and have unnatural abilities. Roman hadn't bothered to explain what was wrong with me.

I wondered if it had anything to do with the group that called themselves the Avengers.

A sudden pain stabbed my head and I grabbed it, groaning in pain. It took a few moments to disappear and I forced myself to get ready. It was the usual outfit and Roman preferred our uniforms to be black. 

I ran a brush through my hair and pulled it into a high ponytail, then braided it. It kept it out of my face and did not become bothersome, especially when I was in the middle of a fight. My boots had been cleaned from blood and I grit my teeth, sliding my feet into them. 

The weapons were locked in one of my drawers and I pressed my thumbprint against the lock to open it. I pulled a couple of knives out and slid them into my thigh holsters, then put my guns onto the holsters at my waist. Both boots had hidden holsters so I slid more knives into them.

There was a knock on the door and Butcher came in, all dressed and ready to kill.

"Venus,"

"Butcher," I said and turned my attention back to my weapons.

"Mr Johns wants to know if you are going to join us,"

"I'm ready," I said, closing the drawer and I walked over to the door.

"Venus," Butcher said grabbing my plait, "If you fuck up,"

"I'll be beaten. Yes, I know," I said, glaring at him, "Is there anything else you want to say before we leave?"

Butcher smirked, "You've gotten better with age, Emily. It's a shame that Slasher has claimed you once again because damn, I keep thinking about the nights we have spent together and it makes me all excited."

I frowned slightly, "I...I've never spent the night with you,"

Butcher kissed my cheek gently, "Oh, you sweet girl. You will remember in time. But for now, I will enjoy keeping you in the dark. Now, come on. We don't want to keep Mr Johns waiting any longer, now, do we?"

╚══════════════╝