Fifty-Two

╔══════════════╗

Nat sat beside me with her arm around my shoulders holding me tightly as if I was going to run away. I had apologised to everyone but the two people that I wanted to look at me, refused to glance my way.

Bucky of all people should have understood why I was acting like that and I still had to figure out how they controlled me. It could have been anything but I hated myself. I allowed myself to be brainwashed.

My stomach turned on me when I remembered the people I had murdered while under their control and I covered my face with my hands.

"Is everything ok?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," I lied, "I'm...can I go to my room?"

"Are you going to run?" Nat asked.

I shook my head, "Never,"

"Then off you go. Call me if you need anything,"

I nodded and pulled my sleeves over my hands and walked out of the room with my head down. My eyes were burning from the tears wanting to escape but I refused to let them fall until I was alone.

F.R.I.D.A.Y had secured my floor so no one had access. Even the ones with the code or card. I needed to be alone and I didn't want to talk about what I had gone through. I walked the short distance to my room, and the dam broke.

I curled onto my bed, sobbing at the pain and memory of hurting people. I had killed and not asked questions. I had allowed myself to get swept up in their...their evil. I had promised myself to never let Slasher or his group manipulate me again. Nor put their hands over me.

I let out a scream and hugged myself even tighter.

My god. I felt so fucking weak. 

"Venus, if you don't do as you are told you will be put back on the machine," Roman said, pointing at me, "Do I make myself clear?"

"Stop calling me that!" I yelled, "I'm not Venus and I don't have anything to do with you and Hydra. I'm not-"

"Cleaver, strap her to the machine. I am not messing around anymore,"

"No!" I screamed as Cleaver grabbed my hair and dragged me across the room, "Stop this! I don't want to be one of you!"

"You were one of us the moment your whore mother got pregnant," Roman scoffed, "Stop fighting this you stupid bitch. If you let Hydra in, then this will be painful,"

"Fuck you!" I shouted and lifted my foot, kicking Cleaver in the face. He loosened his grip on my hair and I slipped away. I charged for the door but it was opened by Slasher and his other friends. I skidded to a stop and Slasher grabbed my throat.

"Are you not doing as you are told?"

Tears streamed down my face, "Please. Please don't do this,"