Forty-Six

╔══════════════╗

Emily

I strapped my holster to my thigh and slid my new knife in. My brown hair was tied into a high ponytail and my face was bare of makeup. They hadn't given me any makeup but Slasher was always there to tell me that I was beautiful without it.

A hand slid around my waist and a kiss was pressed to the base of my neck. I turned in his arms and looked into his blue eyes. His eyes searched mine before he lowered his lips to mine but the kiss was cut short when someone walked into the room.

"What?" He snapped, "Why does no one fucking knock?"

"Sorry but the boss wants to see her," Butcher said with a smirk, "And he doesn't want to be kept waiting,"

I tapped Slasher on the chest twice and followed Butcher out of the room. The stairs to the basement felt longer than normal and he opened the door at the bottom for me. I stepped inside the cool room and headed over to Roman, who was standing at his desk with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.

"Are you ready for this mission?"

"I am," I said and he handed me a folder, "What is this?"

"Details of who you are after," Roman said, blowing smoke out of his mouth, "They will be going to the Royal Albert Hall. The show starts at 8 pm sharp and you will be there to kill them both. I want you in and out. Make sure no one sees you. I can't risk our cover being blown. Understand?"

"I do,"

Roman smiled and patted my hair, "Good girl. Now, before you go Maniac has your next shot of serum. Now, go,"

"Ok," I mumbled and he grabbed my arm, tightening his grip on my arm his eyes wide and full of anger, "What?"

"Ok? Is that the right way to talk to me?"

"N-no, Mr Johns," I said, trying to get my arm away, "I'm sorry for the disrespect,"

He shoved my arm away and I resisted the urge to rub my arm. I didn't want to show him that I was hurt. Showing pain meant you were weak.

"When you get back, you will go back on the machine," He said shooing me away, "I won't let you talk to me with such disrespect,"

I swallowed hard, "Yes, Mr Johns,"

When I got back to the mansion, Cleaver stepped out from behind the door and slammed me against the wall by my throat. I grunted in pain and my eyes went wide.

"You are a stupid bitch," He said quietly, "Mr Johns wants to have a little word with you, Venus and he isn't very happy,"

I scoffed, "He is never happy. What did I do wrong this time? Was I too late for a party or did I kill someone the wrong way?"

"I can't wait to see him hurt you. I've been wanting you to get punished the moment you came back," He chuckled, "Such a shame to ruin that pretty little face of yours."

I smiled at him and lifted my elbow up, making his teeth crack together. He dropped his hand as he stumbled back and I kicked him hard in the stomach. Cleaver flew onto his back and I stepped onto his chest, pressing most of my weight onto him. I leant on my knee and glared at him.

"If you ever touch me again, Zac, I will kill you," I said quietly, "Try to stay out of trouble,"

Cleaver groaned in pain as I put all my weight onto his chest as I stepped over him and headed to where Roman was. I spotted Slasher standing in the doorway and he wore a smirk. He unfolded his arms and walked over to me. Slasher brushed my cheek with the back of his fingers and chuckled.