Eighteen

╔══════════════╗

You're HYDRA.

How can I be HYDRA? Who were my parents and what was done to me?

I gripped my hair tightly as I stood in the shower and I wanted to scream until my lungs burst.

Bucky and Nat didn't say anything as I rushed past them, and they didn't try to stop me. I went straight back to my floor and made sure no one could get onto my floor. I had told F.R.I.D.A.Y to keep me on lockdown until I was ready to face people or the world.

I clenched my fists and punched the tiles as hard as I can, ignoring the pain that shot through my knuckles and arms. A scream forced its way from my mouth and I cried, holding my face trying to muffle my cries of pain. I didn't know why that had affected me so much and I hated it. I hated knowing that my biological parents were working for HYDRA and how the orphanage was a coverup for them.

By the time I had finished crying, I was drained and wanted to sleep for the rest of my life. I wrapped myself in a towel and towel-dried my hair as I walked into my bedroom. I froze when I saw Bucky lying in my bed.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I said through gritted teeth and he sat up, noticing me standing in my towel, "Don't look at me like that. How?"

"I convinced F.R.I.D.A.Y to let me in. They owed me a favour and I wanted to make sure you were ok,"

"I'm fine,"

"Then why were you screaming?"

"You heard that?" I asked and Bucky nodded, "I was frustrated. I'm fine,"

Bucky sighed and walked over to me, "Who are you trying to convince? I know you aren't ok and that's understandable,"

"What am I supposed to do? My parents were HYDRA and so am I,"

"No. You aren't," He said, holding the top of my arms, "You aren't HYDRA. Tony will find out the full story and-"

"I have the same serum as you running through my veins. I don't know what happened before I was left at the orphanage. I am running a blank from when I was a teen and now I found out that HYDRA has been watching me for years!" I exclaimed, "What am I supposed to do with that information?"

"I can't help you with that, but you need to know that you are nothing like HYDRA," Bucky said trying to calm me down, "You...you aren't them. Trust me,"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Every time I try to remember, I get a really bad headache. I want to remember. I need to know what happened to me,"

"You will but if you try to force it, it will make it worse," Bucky said.

"This is so fucking stupid," I whispered, "Why can't I just be normal?"

"You are normal...sort of,"

"Thanks, Bucky,"

"What's the point in being normal?" Bucky shrugged and moved his hands up and down my arms, sending shivers down my spine, "Normal is boring and you are far from normal,"

I scoffed and tried to ignore what he was doing to me. Good thing I had just gotten out of the shower.

"You can fight, you have a great sense of humour," He said, "You are charming with the best smile and laugh. I think you're a great girl,"

"Is that all?" I said, looking up at his blue eyes.

Bucky shook his head, "You can make a man turn his head when you walk into a room, You have beautiful eyes, a beautiful smile and your body is a bonus as well,"

I rolled my eyes, "Men,"

"You also make me feel human again," Bucky whispered and his hands slowly moved up to cup my face, "You make me forget the evil I have done in the world and that I have a place in society. I want to be around you constantly just so I forget. The night you stayed in my bed was the best sleep I have ever had and it was because of you. There is something about you Emily and I can't get enough,"

I swallowed hard, ignoring the burn in my chest. I parted my lips to say something but he shook his head.

"But the way I feel about you is dangerous," He whispered and his face slowly moved towards mine, "I was warned to stay away from you but you have managed to warm my cold heart and now I'm hooked. I don't care that I'm risking my life because you are all I think about,"

Ah, fuck it.

I grabbed hold of his dog tags and yanked him towards me. I pressed my lips against him and he gasped in surprise, but soon it was replaced with his tongue flicking against mine. I groaned into the kiss and held onto his shirt, letting the kiss get deeper. I had never been so turned on in my life with just a kiss but I was disappointed when he pulled away.

"That...was..." He breathed.

"Wrong but so right?" I said against his lips.

"Yeah," He said quietly, "Tony is going to fucking kill me,"

I couldn't help but grin, "Probably but only if he finds out. Can you keep a secret?"

"Obviously,"

"Then we don't tell him," I said and let go of his shirt, smoothing out the wrinkles, "So,"

"So," He said, clearing his throat and running his hand through his hair, "Do you feel better?"

"Much,"

"Good. Good," He said, "Fuck. This is awkward. How are you supposed to act after kissing the girl you like?"

I lifted my eyebrow, "When was the last time you kissed a girl, Bucky?"

A slight blush appeared on his cheek and he looked at me, "Before...before I was sent away in the war,"

"And you give Steve shit," I grinned and laughed.

"I can't help it!" He exclaimed, "After the Winter Soldier fiasco I avoided women like the plague. Who would want to get with me after the things I did?"

"Are you a virgin?"

Bucky narrowed his eyes at me, "No. Why would you ask that?"

"Hey, it was just a question," I said lifting my hands up in surrender and I felt my towel slipping. I quickly grabbed it and he smirked, "Don't even think about it,"

"Think about what?" Bucky asked, stepping into my body and he kissed the base of my neck making me gasp, "Is that sensitive?"

"Maybe," I muttered.

He went to kiss me again but we were interrupted by my brother's voice on the system.

"Emily? Why is your floor on lockdown? Are you ok? Is anyone with you?"

I sighed, "I'm fine. I needed space and I won't come out until I am ready. Go away,"

"Ok, ok. I was just checking. Anyway, this Friday I'm throwing a party. You will be there or else,"

"Or else what?"

"You don't want to find out," He said and the system cut off.

I sighed and looked up at Bucky who was chewing his lip.

"I better go," He said, "Before I get caught...um, see you at dinner?"

"Sure. I'll see you at dinner and Bucky?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't be so fucking awkward next time we kiss," I said, patting his chest and he smiled before leaving me in my room.

Holy fucking shit. I just kissed Bucky Barnes.

╚══════════════╝