Sixty

╔══════════════╗

Steve

My finger had become raw from how much I was chewing the hangnail. Bucky hadn't arrived home yet and it wouldn't be long before Tony became suspicious.

We all sat in the conference room talking about the men and lady we had locked away. I wasn't paying attention and Wanda elbowed me making me look up.

"Something on your mind?" Tony asked and I shook my head, "Then maybe you can give me an idea of how to get the girl to eat and have a shower,"

"She doesn't trust anyone. Wanda has tried but the only thing I can think of is to bring Emily back," I said.

"I'm sure you'd really like that," Tony scoffed, "No. She isn't coming back and she won't be coming back any time soon,"

The room was filled with a ring tone and Tony sighed.

"Emily. I told you not to call,"

"Hello, brother,"

Tony's face hardened and he pressed something on his computer. My heart leapt into my throat when I saw someone hold a gun against her head.

"Hello, sister. Have you run out of food already?"

"You could say that. But I'm not calling about the food,"

"Why are you calling?"

"You left my room in a mess not to mention the TV antenna is broken,"

"I'll sort it out," Tony pressed a few more buttons and clenched his jaw, "Is that the only reason you have called me?"

"Mostly. I'm alright but I need some space. From everyone and everything. I guess things have gotten too stressful and I can't take it anymore,"

"I understand. Let me know when you're ready to see everyone. I'll send some food around as soon as I can but you're right. You need a break,"

"Hey, Tony?"

"Yes, Emily?"

"Do you remember when you told me off for getting my ears pierced?"

"Something I won't forget,"

"I still wear the earrings you got me. Even though you were angry at me. I forgot I had them but it reminds me of the times when things were good,"

Tony closed his eyes and I felt Wanda hold my hand tightly, "Yeah. I wish things were easier for us both,"

"Yeah," Emily whispered, "Anyway, I'm signing off for a while. I'll see you and the band of losers soon. I love you 3000,"

I saw Tony hold back tears as he smiled, "I love you 3001, Emily,"

The line went dead and no one spoke for what felt like hours.

Belonging to me [[Bucky Barnes x Oc x Steve Rogers ]] 18+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें