Forty-Two

╔══════════════╗

Bucky

My body was so tense that it was beginning to hurt. Steve was just as tense beside me and Nat looked like she didn't give a shit. It felt as if we were standing in the principles office getting ready to be beaten with a cane.

"If I may," Steve started.

"No. You may not," Tony said and Steve pressed his lips together, "Firstly, let's get the pleasantries over with. Thank you for bringing my sister back even if she isn't doing well,"

"I can't wait for this," Nat whispered.

"You not only put yourselves in danger, but you put my sister in danger," Tony said standing up and glaring at us, "What the hell were you thinking? What happened to teamwork makes a dream work? Nat, if you knew where she was then why didn't you say anything?"

"We only had a short amount of time to get in there," She shrugged, "You weren't going to hit when need be,"

"Do you honestly think that I'd be fucking around, just waiting to rescue my sister?" Tony said, almost telling. 

Shit. He was angry, angry.

"Everyone in this room knows that I would give my life to help the people I love. You all experienced it when I fucking died saving everyone," Tony slammed his fist onto the table and I swallowed hard, "I told you that once I knew here whereabouts that we were going to hit them. Hard. But you didn't listen. You didn't even tell me that you had a clue where she was."

"I would apologise for going behind your back, but I won't," I said and he narrowed his eyes at me, "Emily needed help and we didn't want to make a fuss of getting the team together and missing our chance,"

Tony rubbed his face with both hands, "I don't know what you are playing at, but I don't like it. You were lucky that you got in and out with no drama. You are lucky that Emily wasn't hurt anymore but I want you to stay away from her now,"

"What?" I frowned, "Why do we-"

"I don't trust you around her," Tony said, looking between Steve and me, "There. I said it. I warned everyone when I introduced her that she was off-limits. You think I'm stupid but I'm not. I know you both have some sort of feelings towards her,"

"No way," Sam said looking at us both, "You both do?"

"That makes things more complicated," Clint said, putting his hands on his head, "Does Emily know?"

I shook my head, "Nope,"

"Then it stays like that," Tony said, "I am not having my sister tainted by the both of you. I don't care how I sound right now but I don't care. If you carry on with these feelings and go against my wishes, then I have no choice but to-"

"Mr Stark," F.R.I.D.A.Y interrupted him, "Dr Banner wishes to see you,"

Tony looked at us once again before walking away, "Go for a shower. You're covered in blood,"

He left the room and I felt myself breathe again. I ran my hands through my hair and Steve was staring at his feet.

"Don't even think about reading my mind right now," Steve said shooting a look at Wanda, "You don't want to piss me off right now,"

Wanda lifted her hands up in the air, "I won't do anything. I promise,"

"So...did you both know you liked her or is this a new development?" Sam asked with a smirk on his face, "I can't blame you. She's a gorgeous girl but you two a so stupid,"

"Don't need to hear that right now," I said, "But...yeah. It was obvious he liked her,"

"Same with him," Steve said and sighed, "I'm going to my room. Buck, you should go to yours as well,"

Nat tutted, "Well, I'm going to check up on my girl. You two can mope around and avoid Tony and Emily, but I won't be,"

"You are not trying to woo her," Loki chuckled and stood up. He walked over to us with his hands behind his back and I did my best not to scowl at him, "Wanda may not look into your heads but I have no shame,"

He sent us a wink and walked off. Nat grabbed my arm as I went to go after him and she shook her head.

"Thinking naughty thoughts, Terminator?" Sam chuckled.

"Shut the fuck up," I said, walking out of the room. It took all the strength in me to not take the elevator down to where Emily was. I valued my life but at the same time, I wanted to make sure she was ok.

"I'll talk to her," Nat said, "She will probably ask for you and Steve,"

"We won't be allowed to see her," Steve said as the doors closed on us, "You heard what Tony said and that is only the reaction to finding out we like her. How the hell is he going to react when he finds out we-"

"Shut up," Nat said, "We will talk later. Once you've done with whatever you're going to do, come to my room. We can talk without people listening,"

The doors opened to mine and Steve's floor and we stepped out.

"I'll even give her a kiss from the both of you," Nat said with a smirk and the doors closed on her.

"Buck,"

"What?" I said, walking to the kitchen.

"What are we going to do?"

I looked up at Steve and sighed, "I don't know. There's not much we can do right now. We have to wait and see what Tony say's to her. Once she is back on her feet and healthy again, then we can decide,"

"I don't want to lose her," Steve said quietly, "I never thought that I would fall in love again. Not after Peggy, but Emily...she ignites this passion inside me. I never thought I had that,"

"You aren't the only one," I shook my head, "Who knew the Winter Soldier could have such a warm heart?"

"At least we are better than her ex,"

"A fucking mosquito would be better than her ex," I scoffed and cracked open a beer, handing it over to Steve who accepted it, "I know one thing, Tony can fuck off. I'm not letting that girl go even if it kills me,"

Steve smiled and nodded, "It's going to be hard to cover it up,"

"I'm a trained assassin, I know how to hold back emotions,"

"Tell me about it," Steve rolled his eyes and downed his beer, "I'm going for a shower. Don't do anything stupid,"

"Yeah, yeah," I said, shooing him away. I dropped onto the couch and stared at the ceiling, "It was too easy,"

╚══════════════╝