Twenty-Two

╔══════════════╗

Bucky

Where was she?

She said she would be here so where the hell was she?

Nat was with Wanda at the bar and I was playing pool with Sam, but I couldn't find Emily. I felt like a teenager all over again waiting for his crush to show up. I was also worried that Steve had managed to sweep her off her feet. Not that I could blame her. Steve was a great guy but I didn't want it to happen.

"Man, what is your problem?" Sam asked me snapping his fingers in front of my face, "You have been spaced out forever and I'm waiting for you to take your shot,"

"Oh. Sorry," I said and I quickly took my shot, "I'm not with it,"

"You think?" He said, lifting his eyebrow, "What's up?"

"Nothing,"

"Oh, so now you think I'm stupid. What is wrong with you, man?"

I sighed, "I'm just thinking. But I'm ok."

"Huh," Sam said obviously not believing me, "Have you seen Steve? He promised to play me again but that dumbass hasn't shown up,"

"Not a clue," I shrugged chugging some beer, "Taking a shit?"

"Captain America doesn't shit," Sam laughed and I smirked, "What do you think of Tony's sister then?"

"Huh?"

"Emily. You know, the girl with big brown eyes and dark hair?" Sam wiggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes, "Man, you must be blind not to see how hot she is. I'm too scared to talk to her. Tony is very protective of her,"

"Wouldn't you be?" I asked, "You are protective over Sarah,"

"I guess. But anyone can take her. I don't care,"

I laughed, "Don't let her hear that. She'd wring your neck,"

"She'd have to catch me first," Sam grinned, "Do you have any thoughts on Emily?"

"She's a great girl so far. I feel bad for her but I don't have anything else to say,"

"I agree. I still need to see her in action though. Between you and me, I'm not sure I can fully trust her,"

"Why not?" I frowned.

"It's this HYDRA thing. No one knows what serum is in her blood and I don't know if she could snap and become someone different,"

"You mean like me?"

Sam sighed, "I didn't want to insult you, man. I'm just telling you what I think,"

"I get it but I don't think she will be like that," I muttered, "I don't know what it is but she hasn't given any indication,"

"How could she? We have just met the girl," Sam shook his head, "I dunno, man. I want to trust her but I am worried about it. But speaking of the Devil, she has just walked into the room with Steve,"

My eyes shot up and narrowed in on Steve's hand on her lower back. But it didn't last long because she ran off and dragged Tony somewhere. Steve watched her go and my heart dropped.

Shit. My best mate liked the girl I did.

Fuck.

Fucking bullshit.

"Hey," Steve said approaching us, "Who is winning?"

"Me," Sam said, "This idiot is away with the fairies,"