Fifty

╔══════════════╗

A gentle breeze brushed against my skin and I shivered, shaking myself awake. I blinked away the blurriness of my eyes and winced in pain. My hands shook as I reached for my throat and I groaned at the dull ache almost strangling me.

"Ouch," I whispered and looked around the glass box I was in. Panic shot through me and I ran forward slamming my hands onto the thick glass that kept me contained, "Hey! Let me out of here! What the hell is going on!?"

I lifted my fists and punched the glass as hard as I could, ignoring the blood and pain on my knuckles.

"Hey!" A voice said and I stepped back, seeing a blond man approach the glass, "Stop that. You will hurt yourself,"

"Who the hell are you?" I said, almost growling at him, "Why am I locked in here?"

The man sighed, shaking his head, "You don't remember me?"

"Obviously not," I narrowed my eyes at him, "Why am I locked in here? What do you plan to do with me?"

"Seriously?" He said, "Absolutely, nothing. We won't hurt you, Emily,"

I scoffed and folded my arms, "Then why lock me away like some prisoner,"

"You did try to kill us," Another man said walking in, "I'm glad you are awake, Doll,"

My chest hurt and I put my hand against it, "Doll?"

"Yeah," He said, leaning on the glass, "That's what I call you much to your brothers annoyance,"

"Who are you, people?"

I saw them both wince as if I had punched them in the gut.

"I'm Bucky and this is Steve," The man said, "We are...well, it's hard to say what we were or are,"

"There are no camera's on right now," Steve said, "We didn't want anyone spying on you. Your brother is worried that you won't remember who we are. Do you remember anything about who you are,"

"What's it to you?" I asked, lifting my chin slightly.

"Look, I love your sass but we don't have time for it," Steve said, "Do you remember who you are?"

"I do,"

"Then who are you and where are you from?" Bucky asked.

I let out a frustrated sigh, "I'm Emily. I was born and raised in London. My parents ditched me and I don't really care if they are alive or not. I have a boyfriend and-ow,"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing,"

"Don't lie,"

"I have a  headache," I mumbled, "Can I go to sleep or eat?"

"I'll get Peter to bring some food for you," Steve said and I frowned, "Do you know Peter?"

"I...I have no idea," I said truthfully and I looked at the men standing in front of me. I blinked and I remembered something, "You are my mission,"

"Fuck," Bucky rubbed his face and I looked at a metal arm, "Don't worry Doll. You aren't scared of the arm. You just preferred it when I choked you having sex,"

My eyes went wide and my face burnt, "I don't fucking think so! Why on Earth would I have sex with someone that I am trying to kill?"

"Because you weren't trying to kill us when we were having sex," Steve said with a shrug, "Just don't tell your brother,"

"I don't have a brother,"

"You'll make him cry if you say that to him," Bucky said, "Can we trust you enough to let you out or do we have to cuff you?"

"I'd like to see you try," I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"As much as I'd like to wrestle with you, I don't have the time," Bucky said and I saw him walk over to a panel of buttons, "Don't hate me for this, Emily but it's for your own good,"

I went to say something but my breath caught in my throat and I began to choke at whatever was filling the room. I dropped to my knees and the next thing I knew, I was being hauled out of the room with my arms cuffed behind my back.

"What the-ahh! You bastard! Put me down,"

Bucky swatted my ass and I gasped in anger, "Behave yourself, Doll. I wouldn't want to drop you,"

"I'm not a delivery package so why the hell am I over your shoulders?"

"Because we knew you'd try to kill us," Steve said and I saw him smirk, "If you weren't brainwashed this would end up being a very interesting night,"

"What planet are you on? I'm not brainwashed,"

"Uh-huh," Bucky said, "Let's play a little game of truth or dare,"

"Truth or dare," I whispered and I squeezed my eyes shut as a painful throb attacked my head. I groaned, "Put me down, please,"

"Princess?" Steve said, "What's wrong? Bucky, something is wrong,"

I felt my ass touch the floor and I grit my teeth as a game of truth or dare practically burnt my brain. I felt their hands on me and I flinched not wanting them to touch me, but they didn't leave my side.

"Are you ok?" Bucky said softly, "Doll, what is wrong?"

"Truth or dare," I whispered, "I...have I played with you before?"

"Yes," Bucky said, "You have. Do you remember anything?"

I shook my head as the pain subsided, "No,"

They both sighed and helped me to my feet. Steve put his hand on my shoulder leading me through the building and I found myself watching everyone who walked by and getting deja vu.

It didn't take long for us to reach another room and I felt everyone turn to look at me. I felt a sudden burn of rage and I threw my head back, hitting Steve in the chest, knocking him back slightly. 

I dropped into a squat and threw my leg out knocking both men on the floor and quickly stepped over my arms bringing them to my front. I looked up in time to dodge a redhead throwing her fist at me and I lifted my knee, making contact with her stomach. She grunted in pain and I brought my elbows down onto the back of her neck.

She dropped like a sack of shit and I slowly stepped back as the others slowly made their way towards me. I looked at each of their faces feeling familiarity but I couldn't place where I knew them from.

"Emily?" A voice said behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and it felt as if I had been punched in the gut. I let out a sharp gasp of air and stumbled back, feeling a leg trip me over. I yelped as I landed with a thud and before I could sit up, something was stabbed into the base of my neck. The liquid burnt slightly but my body relaxed and everything went black on me.

╚══════════════╝

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Let's hope that 2022 will be a better year than the last 2.

I hope you are all keeping well and safe.

Stay weird and fierce <33