4.2

Chapter Fifty-Two – The Emperor (2)

Yan Jing Ze felt a little dizzy.

When he opened his eyes, he saw the majestic interior of the palace, carved with dragons and phoenixes.

He was lying flat on his back, and directly above him, a lifelike carved dragon head was looking down.

Where is this place? Who is he?

Yan Jing Ze's mind was blank, remembering nothing except that his name was Yan Jing Ze.

"Your Majesty, are you all right?" A sharp voice sounded, and at the same time, a wrinkled face appeared in front of Yan Jing Ze.

It was a face that belonged to an older man, but there was no beard on his face, and the man's voice was too shrill... a eunuch?

"Your Majesty... What's wrong with you?" The old eunuch's voice had taken on a weeping tone and he reached out his hand to help Yan Jing Ze.

"I'm fine." Yan Jing Ze, on the other hand, sat up under the old eunuch's help, only to find that there were actually quite a few people around.

Inside the room was a group of soldiers in armor, weapons in hand pointed at a young man, and the young man looked in his direction, his eyes heavy with pain.

With that look in his eyes, Yan Jing Ze's heart ached, and soon, his heart was beating fast again.

He fell in love at first sight.

He didn't know who this young man surrounded by people was but he had fallen in love with him at first sight.

Yan Jing Ze's eyes became hot, and then he saw that the young man looked at him with intense sadness, and slowly fell down.

The man was falling backwards, directly to the ground, while Yan Jing Ze rushed up and tried to pull him, but couldn't because there was a large table between them that was in the way.

At the same time, the original owner's memories fiercely appeared in Yan Jing Ze's mind.

The original owner, what a pathetic, wretched, and stupid man!

The original owner, like him, was called Yan Jing Ze and was an Emperor.

The original owner's father, the late emperor who had passed away many years ago, was born to a maid given to Emperor Taizu by someone else when Emperor Taizu was on the march to war.

At that time the Emperor Taizu and the Empress Dowager, now imprisoned in a Buddhist temple, were busy with their great work. These two also had two extremely good sons, so no one paid any attention to the late emperor, who followed his mother and was displaced in the war with his relatives from the same clan as Emperor Taizu.

There were many people who wanted their lives, and they had to fear every day, and the late emperor developed a cowardly temperament as a result.

If the late Emperor's two brothers were still alive, the late Emperor would have been able to live a good life as an ordinary prince after the world was at peace, but to the contrary, Emperor Taizu's two sons, one of them died in battle and the other one died of illness.

Neither of these men had a child when they died.

The death of these two children was a great blow to Emperor Taizu, and the Empress Dowager suffered even more, even lingering in her bed for two whole years.

When the Emperor Taizu pacified the world, the late Emperor was driven to become a crown prince and later became Emperor.

The late emperor was actually quite intelligent, but his temperament was too timid, and he was always afraid of the Empress Dowager. He lived with great anxiety until the age of thirty and then died.