4.11

Chapter Sixty-One – The Emperor (11)

    King Ping is actually quite powerful, and the fact that Yan Jing Ze went over there in the middle of the night to scare him is also because of the perfect time and place.

    The place of the funeral hall was really eerie, and King Ping never had a good rest during the seven days of the wake – he pretended to be dizzy and went to sleep, but unfortunately, he was always woken up by Yan Jing Ze.

    When one is very tired, one's brain freezes, and King Ping was in such a state. In addition to the fact that Yan Jing Ze was acting so differently than usual, King Ping was fooled.

    After that, Yan Jing Ze stopped hiding himself.

    At the first court meeting after the Empress Dowager's burial, the always silent Yan Jing Ze suddenly spoke up and dismissed several officials of the Empress Dowager's family.

It's not enough that these officials don't do their jobs properly, but they still bother Chu Ting Xiu. He has long seen them in a bad light.

Afterwards, the crowd returned to their homes, angered by the unexpected dismissal by the Emperor and Chu Ting Xiu. At the same time, the Emperor also began to personally review various memos.

    When the Emperor did this, many ministers in the court thought that he was joking. His majesty had only studied for a year, not knowing whether he could read all the words or not.

    As a result...

    The Emperor's writing was as good as theirs after decades of practice!

    He was a bit rusty when it came to dealing with politics, but he had seven or eight officials with him, and whenever he encountered something he didn't understand, he asked questions and was able to handle it properly.

    Because His Majesty had behaved so poorly in the past, it was shocking to see him like this now!

By this time, many people had surrendered to him without any initiative being taken by Yan Jing Ze.

    After all, he was the Emperor.

Yan Jing Ze lived a life in which people around him worshipped him, but he was not happy.

    Chu Ting Xiu had recently stopped staying in the palace.

    Just after the Empress Dowager was buried, Chu Ting Xiu left the palace, and then he never came back!

    It's all because of King Ping!

King Ping refused to settle down.

The late emperor's empress died young, and there was no queen afterwards, but King Ping's mother, as a noble consort, was the highest-ranking among the palace concubines. Her mother's family also helped, and although they could not fight the Empress Dowager back then, the Empress Dowager did not dare to touch them.

As a young boy, King Ping knew his mother's ambition for the position of Empress was as strong as his ambition for the position of Crown Prince.

    Never did they imagine that the late emperor would go before she was crowned Empress, and the Empress Dowager would choose his worthless brother as Emperor!

And it's not because he's inferior to his older brother, it's because his older brother is more controllable than he is... How can this knowledge not irritate him?

    In the following ten years, under the eyes of the Empress Dowager, he developed his own power and worked hard for the throne.

    The question now is whether... he wants to take the risk?