7.15-7.24(end)

Chapter 139 – Rogue Scholar (15)

Yan Jing Ze didn't know anything about Lord Zhou's family.

After writing a book for Li Xiucai and the others that day, the County Magistrate Zhu specifically mentioned "things are precious because they are rare". Yan Jing Ze felt that it made sense. Instead of continuing to sell his own writing for twenty wen per character, he asked the bookstore shopkeeper for three days off to buy New Year's Eve goods or something.

Wei Lingxiu also asked for leave.

When he asked for leave, Zhao Xiucai let out a long sigh of relief.

Zhao Xiucai's family background was average, and his ranking in the exam was average, and he failed to get a good teacher... After taking a local examination, he realized that it was difficult for him to go further, and immediately gave up the juren examination.

Over the years, he has nothing to do after teaching, so he will also continue to learn. He has not forgotten his previous knowledge but his level is really average.

At least, right now, Wei Lingxiu has asked some questions that he can no longer answer.

Sometimes Wei Lingxiu mentions books that he has never even read!

Receiving such a disciple, really make people painful and happy... Zhao Xiucai thought about it and brazenly went to his former classmates to ask for academic advice, by the way, also boast a few words about Wei Lingxiu.

Wei Lingxiu, who was praised by Zhao Xiucai, was being forced by Yan Jing Ze to recite the book.

The Chinese New Year will be around ten days later. Recently, several households in Xing'an Village have killed pigs, but Yan Jing Ze simply went to buy a pig back.

The pig's head is smeared with salt to be used for ancestor worship during Chinese New Year. As for the pork... half of the pig is marinated and eaten slowly, the remaining half is divided into two, and Yan Jing Ze leaves the front legs to eat at home. He picked up the remaining pig's hind legs.

When Yan Jing Ze was marinating the pork, Wei Lingxiu was reciting the book next to him. Now seeing Yan Jing Ze's actions, he curiously asked, "Brother Yan, what are you doing?"

"Go deliver meat to my mother," Yan Jing Ze looked at Wei Lingxiu: "You can go with me."

"Okay." Wei Lingxiu stood up happily and then heard Yan Jing Ze say: "You continue to recite, and if there are any mistakes, I will remind you."

Wei Lingxiu didn't read anything less about the scriptures in the previous ten years and he copied a lot of various Buddhist scriptures. He knew all the words and understood roughly the meaning, but he couldn't recite...

So now he stares at Wei Lingxiu every day to memorize the book.

Wei Lingxiu: "......"

Yan Jing Ze walked in front carrying a pig's leg, Wei Lingxiu followed behind with a book, walking and reciting...

The people in Xing'an Village are not surprised.

Although the children in the village are still afraid of Yan Jing Ze, those adults, however, have a much better impression of Yan Jing Ze: "Yan Da seems to have really changed for the better."

"Before, he wanted to get vegetables to eat in my vegetable field, and even gave me money!"

"He bought furniture with Old Liu and also gave money."

"The sun really came out from the west..."

......

Yan Da has really changed a lot, as well as that Young Master Wei.