4.18

Chapter Sixty-Eight – The Emperor (18)

Chu Ting Xiu's face was hot, he couldn't believe he did so many loose things in the past.

  But Yan Jing Ze was ignorant of Chu Ting Xiu's thoughts and was still thinking of various 'other ways' that could help him.

Thinking about it, his heart is still hot and burning.

But in his current physical condition, he can only think about it.

The loss of blood made Yan Jing Ze a little tired and he soon drifted off to sleep.

Seeing this, Chu Ting Xiu was extremely distressed and simply could not leave from Yan Jing Ze's side, but he had a lot of things to do.

  Chu Ting Xiu sent Wang Zhong to cook a blood tonic soup, and asked, "How is it outside now?"

Wang Zhong then talked about what happened outside, and also mentioned Chu Tinglan.

"Miss Chu... has she been tricked?" Wang Zhong asked, thinking that Chu Tinglan had no reason to bring assassins to assassinate His Majesty.

Chu Tinglan is a fine young lady of the Chu family, the sister of King Chu, and His Majesty is still looking for a suitable husband for her... Why would she want to assassinate His Majesty?

His Majesty is now wounded, even if General Chu protects her, Miss Chu will not have a good end.

Wang Zhong felt that Chu Tinglan was mostly held hostage to do such things, but even so, he did not have a good feeling about Chu Tinglan.

If he was being held hostage, why didn't Chu Tinglan give him some hints before? If Chu Tinglan had given a hint, he would have told the guards to pay more attention, and His Majesty would not have been hurt!

Chu Ting Xiu: "She has not been cheated... Chief Steward Wang, put her in the cellar, and then call Lord Cui and the others... forget it, I'll go see them."

There is a cellar in the village, used to store fruits and vegetables in winter and so on, that place is used to lock people up, the people locked up are definitely quite miserable.

Wang Zhong knew that Chu Ting Xiu only had such a sister, and was surprised to hear this.

But if Chu Tinglan brought the assassin over and was not tricked, but did it on purpose, then...

Wang Zhong went out and immediately had someone put Chu Tinglan in the cellar.

Chu Ting Xiu took a deep breath as he listened to Chu Tinglan's cries.

He didn't get along well with his stepmother; she didn't treat him well. He and this sister, in fact, did not get along much, but this is his sister, the only person connected to his bloodline.

He had always wanted her to be well.

But now... Bringing assassins to assassinate the emperor is a capital crime, and he can't help his sister.

He didn't want to help either.

What his sister is doing is not taking him seriously as a brother... If His Majesty did not love him, at this moment, he would already be a prisoner!

Chu Ting Xiu calmed himself before he went to see Prime Minister Cui and the others.

His Majesty's injury must not be known to anyone outside, and in addition... his relationship with His Majesty must not be known.

That would not be good for His Majesty.

Previously, Chu Ting Xiu treated every day as his last day. Naturally, he was unscrupulous. But now that he realizes that His Majesty really loves him and is even willing to risk his life for him, he begins to restrain himself and think ahead.