4.10

Chapter Sixty – The Emperor (10)

The Empress Dowager would be buried seven days after the funeral.

Yan Jing Ze then ordered that the consorts be allowed to skip the vigil at night. During the day, they were also given food from time to time, so that the consorts could eat, take a break from things like using the toilet and don't kneel all the time.

    The emperor is trying to convey the message that you don't need to devote too much attention to the wake... Those who were really heartbroken for the Empress Dowager might be hated by the emperor, so later on, people did not kneel much.

    It was only then that King Ping found the opportunity to speak to Chu Ting Xiu.

    And the fact that he was talking to Chu Ting Xiu soon became known to Yan Jing Ze.

    "Your Majesty, General Chu and King Ping have been talking for a quarter of an hour," Wang Zhong, with a small eunuch, reported to Yan Jing Ze, and was inevitably a little worried when he did so.

Is it possible that General Chu is fed up with His Majesty and wants to support King Ping?

    His Majesty tossed General Chu again last night...

    "Talked for so long?" Yan Jing Ze frowned.

    "Your Majesty, should we have someone keep an eye on them?" Wang Zhong asked.

    "You find someone to keep an eye on King Ping and keep an eye on his wake. When the First Emperor Grandfather died, didn't my father kneel for seven whole days, and still had only one bowl of porridge a day? Let him learn," Yan Jing Ze said.

    Wang Zhong: "..." His Majesty is ruthless! The late Emperor was forced to kneel down by the Empress Dowager, and after kneeling for so long, he fell seriously ill!

    "What about General Chu..." asked Wang Zhong again.

    "Call him here." Yan Jing Ze looked at Wang Zhong with a smile, "He's my man. Chatting with other men for so long, making me jealous. I'll definitely teach him a lesson later."

Although he said he was going to 'teach' Chu Ting Xiu a lesson, he didn't look like he was going to teach anyone a lesson at all. And he also emphasized the words 'he's my man'.

    Wang Zhong was shocked.

    Yan Jing Ze added, "You must treat him as you treat me."

    "Yes, Your Majesty," Wang Zhong responded.

    After King Ping talked with Chu Ting Xiu, he found out that Chu Ting Xiu really had a problem with Yan Jing Ze, and was satisfied for a while.

The previous Chu Ting Xiu's indifference made him not want to marry Chu Tinglan, who he wanted to marry to bring Chu Ting Xiu together. It just so happened that Chu Tinglan was surrounded by his people, and he had them encourage Chu Tinglan to marry his older brother.

His brother's wife actually loved him, which was a delightful thing to see.

    But now... he felt that he could marry Chu Tinglan again.

    After much thought, King Ping returned to the vigil and saw a little eunuch who was very important to Yan Jing Ze.

When the eunuch smiled at him, he said, "Your Highness, you are here on behalf of His Majesty to stand vigil. His Majesty said he would follow the example of the late Emperor..."

    The late Emperor kneeled for seven days and seven nights! King Ping almost spat out a mouthful of blood.

    On the other hand, Chu Ting Xiu didn't even need to be called, he already came to Yan Jing Ze's bedchamber.