4.3

Chapter Fifty-Three – The Emperor (3)

When Yan Jing Ze saw Chu Ting Xiu lying on the bed, looking pitifully unkempt, he felt a little guilty.

More than a year ago, because the original owner was getting older, the loyal subjects of the royal family asked the Empress Dowager to let the original owner get married from time to time in the court and allow him to rule the country himself. The Empress Dowager grew disgusted with the original owner and wanted to kill him.

In other words, it was only with the protection of close aides around him that the original owner was able to get out of danger several times.

At that time, the Zhou Clan was powerful, and although Chu Ting Xiu had the Northern Army, the majority of the Northern Army was not in the capital. With only a few of his own soldiers by his side at the time, Chu Ting Xiu could be said to have risked his life to save the original owner.

Chu Ting Xiu, in fact, was his savior.

And this is a strong man who's been on the battlefield for years!

In this scene, will Chu Ting Xiu be furious when he wakes up? Will he never speak to him again?

Yan Jing Ze thought so and kissed Chu Ting Xiu a few more times on the face.

Take advantage of it while Chu Ting Xiu is still in his bed.

And a love token...

When Yan Jing Ze was cutting the clothes, he found a cowhide pocket in Chu Ting Xiu's clothes.

This cowhide pocket has two layers, one of which contains a wet handkerchief, presumably used by Chu Ting Xiu to wash his face and wipe his hands, and the other layer contains bits and pieces, including personal seals, small knives the size of thumbs, jade pendants and so on, and even a piece of salt.

That jade pendant was a reward from the original owner.

Yan Jing Ze, on the other hand, took the handkerchief and hung it aside, first using scissors to cut off a strand of Chu Ting Xiu's hair, then cutting off a strand of his own hair, tied together with a red rope and stuffed it into Chu Ting Xiu's cowhide bag.

His own behavior is really wretched, but it's already like this... The 'ruined' Yan Jing Ze, on the other hand, took off his own clothes again and lay down beside Chu Ting Xiu, covering the two of them with a blanket.

The original owner had been up for days worrying about what he was going to do to Chu Ting Xiu and couldn't sleep at night and haven't slept for several days...

Yan Jing Ze, on the other hand, fell asleep shortly afterwards.

There was no movement in the house for a long time, and the old eunuch Wang Zhong, who was anxiously waiting for Yan Jing Ze, knocked gently on the door.

Yan Jing Ze, who is not as alert as the original owner, is not awakened at all.

Wang Zhong was alarmed. He entered the house and ended up turning the screen to see the two of them lying on the bed embracing each other.

General Chu's coat was thrown on the ground and a bare shoulder was exposed from the blanket. This...

How dare His Majesty do such a thing to General Chu!

When General Chu wakes up, he doesn't know if he'll hit His Majesty...

Wang Zhong looked around for a while, found that due to His Majesty's vigilance, there was nothing in the house that could be used as a weapon, and only then did he put his mind at ease and quietly went out again.