4.12

Chapter Sixty-Two – The Emperor (12)

King Ping's rebellion was expected by Yan Jing Ze.

He was the emperor after all, and if he wanted to, he could always get a lot of information.

As for Chu Ting Xiu, the military generals were happy to listen to him, but the group of civil officials in the capital didn't really like him.

However, the fact that the Imperial Army were controlled by King Ping, and even followed King Ping into the palace, was something that Yan Jing Ze did not expect.

Rebellion is punishable by death. The courage of the Imperial Army is commendable.

The sounds of the battle outside gradually subsided, and the soldiers of the Northern Army had already arrested the Imperial Army.

The soldiers of the Imperial Army were mostly locals of the capital and many of them were from government families who had never been on the battlefield. They had never been on the battlefield, and although they were well equipped, their fighting power was far inferior to that of the Northern Army.

    If there were fewer soldiers in the Northern Army, they might have fought to the death for the sake of their lives, but there were more soldiers in the Northern Army.

    Realizing that they could not win, many in the Imperial Army collapsed, losing all their fighting power and begging for mercy.

    Northern Army soldiers, however, were in high spirits.

How much credit is attributed to them for putting down the King Ping's rebellion?

When they eliminated the Empress Dowager's influence, they were all promoted and made their fortunes, and now they are certainly no worse off!

    These people, led by Chu Ting Xiu's Military Advisor, happily came to the palace gate and knelt down: "Your Majesty, everyone in King Ping's party has all been arrested!"

Yan Jing Ze had the blocked door opened and walked out with Chu Ting Xiu.

    "You have done well, wait until tomorrow, all will be rewarded!" Yan Jing Ze promised.

Northern Army soldiers were even happier and knelt down to receive their rewards.

    At this moment, most of the ministers in the capital were still trembling at home.

    King Ping actually went to fight the Emperor!

So much noise in the middle of the night that many people got the news and then got dumbfounded.

King Ping's party, while worrying that King Ping's life will not be protected if the rebellion failed, still couldn't help but feel excited – if King Ping were to ascend to the throne, they would certainly all rise to great heights!

    Those who were loyal to Yan Jing Ze in the past, or who have joined Yan Jing Ze these days, scolded the King Ping for his wolf ambition, while worrying about being purged.

Even those who don't lean on either side can't sleep at night at this point.

As time passed and the day dawned, the sound of horses' hooves sounded in the streets of the capital, and people shouted, "No one is allowed out before noon!"

The people of the capital, both the common people and the officials, did not dare to go out until they heard these words, and when they heard them, they decided not to go out at all today.

    A year ago, there was such a day in the capital, that day, the Empress Dowager's natal clan, Zhou Clan, was wiped out. They don't know who was removed this time.