4.14

Chapter Sixty-Four – The Emperor (14)

  Yan Jing Ze gave Chu Ting Xiu the title of Duke but did not withdraw his military power.

    As for him, he was in charge of the civil officials. It would be best if he could find a way to make more money.

    There are a lot of problems in Qi Dynasty, for example, the army has not been able to supply enough food... he does not want to lose his troops.

    After King Ping's rebellion, things were handled for many days, and finally, King Ping's charges were settled.

The Emperor's fame is a matter of honor and the talks about sibling rivalry is not a good one. King Ping's Mother's clan even pleaded hard and offered a lot of benefits... After weighing the pros and cons, Yan Jing Ze did not kill King Ping but imprisoned him.

The Empress Dowager was gone, King Ping had fallen, and there was one-third less officials in the imperial court, but the entire court functioned well without any problems.

Recently, Yan Jing Ze has been doing things with great speed, those officials dare not to eat the vegetarian food, one by one, they are trying their best to perform. But isn't that just great?

    However, Yan Jing Ze still ordered the establishment of the Academy of Arts and Science in order to recruit scholars and train some young officials.

At this time, more than a month had passed since King Ping's rebellion.

    During this month, Yan Jing Ze lived an extremely happy life.

    His general stayed in the palace every night!

Although Chu Ting Xiu would go out during the day to deal with the affairs of the Northern Army, he would return to the palace at night and was very enthusiastic every night... He didn't know that his general was so cold outside and hot inside.

Even Yan Jing is starting to worry that he can't eat...

There was no need to go to morning court, but Yan Jing Ze got up early in the morning and pulled Chu Ting Xiu up: "Ting Xiu, I've decided to start practicing martial arts from today... and you will join me."

Chu Ting Xiu must have exercised since childhood to have that much energy, so he needs to exercise more too!

    Otherwise... it's a bit humiliating to be king in bed at night and to walk holding the wall during the day.

    Chu Ting Xiu was stunned before he said, "Your Majesty, it's hard to practice martial arts..."

    "I'm not afraid." Yan Jing Ze was full of determination.

    He must learn martial arts now!

In fact, he admired the previous emperors a bit.

    How did those emperors manage to get the 3,000 beauties in the harem if he couldn't handle even one?

Chu Ting Xiu naturally won't stop Yan Jing Ze's request, but his grandfather was born with a muddy leg, so his family doesn't actually have any family martial arts traditions... He then called up the Guard Commander of Yan Jing Ze.

The Guard Commander was born into a family of military officers, and every boy in the family had to learn martial arts. He knew better than him how to teach a novice.

"Your Majesty, you may run first." The Guard Commander decided to check his majesty's physical strength first.

    Yan Jing Ze nodded seriously and ran.

The original owner rarely exercised. After running for a short while, Yan Jing Ze was exhausted and panting, while Chu Ting Xiu, who was running with him on the training field in the palace, had already overtaken him by several laps.