7.8

Chapter 132 – Rogue Scholar (8)

Wei Lingxiu couldn't help but tell Yan Jing Ze about the benefits of studying for the academic exam.

As long as you become a xiucai, you can have some privileges, and you can also accept students to support your family. After being admitted to Juren, it is even more remarkable. Although there are more and more scholars in the southern region, if you go to a remote place to be a master bookkeeper or something, there is still no problem, you can also become a teacher.

If you can become a jinshi, it is definitely a step up to the sky.

Wei Lingxiu heard a lot of these before, but did not pay too much attention to it. After all, this road was really difficult to follow, but now it's Yan Jing Ze's turn, he feels that Yan Jing Ze must try it.

When Wei Lingxiu finished speaking, Yan Jing Ze looked at Wei Lingxiu: "What you said makes sense, so you must study hard."

Wei Lingxiu: "???"

Yan Jing Ze said again: "I will watch you study. From now on, you can read the book carefully, and then we will find a teacher in a few days, so that you can take the test in the future!"

Wei Lingxiu was dumbfounded. He had gone to the tongsheng exam before but he couldn't pass the test. Now Yan Jing Ze actually wants him to take the xiucai exam? But the most important thing is... "Brother Yan, the imperial examination requires both ability and political integrity, I can't."

"Why?" Yan Jing Ze asked.

"I was kicked out of the house." Wei Lingxiu said.

He has become more and more sober in the past few days, and understands that his father really does not like him.

In fact, when a man is with another man, it is a shame to say that it is serious relationship, but if it is slightly hidden, it is easy to say that it is just a romantic affair.

But this matter was deliberately designed by his family, how could it be covered up for him?

"Then I can?" Yan Jing Ze asked rhetorically. Wei Lingxiu really didn't do anything wrong, but he on the other hand had a lot of dark history.

"Why not?" Wei Lingxiu asked. He talked about the circumstances in which a person could not take the examination, such as being the son of an opera singer, he could not take the examination.

And this mainly depends on the father. For example, if someone's mother worked as an opera singer, but his father was not, and he was never a lowly citizen, then there is no obstacle.

On the contrary, like Wei Lingxiu, if he is considered unfilial by his father, he basically has no chance with the imperial examination.

Yan Jing Ze only has the memory of the original owner. The original owner can only eat, drink, and have fun. He really doesn't know this. Now that Wei Lingxiu has explained it, he knows the reason.

Then he thought about it carefully... he found that he was actually allowed to participate in the imperial examinations.

His family is a farming family. Although his father was a scoundrel, he mainly drank and gambled on his own without leaving a record.

As for the original owner...

The original owner has been fighting for many years, but the people he fought are indeed those who owed money to the casino. There is also the Li family behind the casino. Those people will not report to the officials, so the original owner has no record.

So, in terms of identity, he is a clean farmer.

Yan Jing Ze was speechless for a while.

Some regulations in this place really made him unable to understand.