Sightseeing in Tokyo and the Changes in Japan

Happy New Year. This is the first story of the new year. We look forward for your continued support of this novel in the future.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 1, 2019, 09:00

Tokyo Skytree

After parting with Sonomura, Kunimoto, along with other Foreign Ministry officials, was giving a tour of various parts of Tokyo for the benefit of the villagers other than Garzon and the others.

"This, ladies and gentlemen, is our country's pride and joy, the Tokyo Skytree."

At 634 meters tall, it is the largest structure in Japan. It is operated as a radio tower, but is also a famous tourist attraction. The villagers were stunned by its height, their mouths gaping open.

"H-how in the world can you make something like this?"

"Could it be that this structure leads to the heavenly realm?"

It was like the Tower of Babel. Kunimoto laughed, but he guided the villagers around. By the way, having laid the groundwork in advance, the villagers have the place to themselves while they are there. As they entered, they saw the entrance to the elevator, which normally has a long queue, was open and rattling.

'Normally, the crawling lines are our specialty...'

Kunimoto chuckled as he thought about this and invited people in. Since the groundwork had already been laid, Tokyo Skytree staff members were helping to guide the visitors. Then, the elevator took each group of people that can fit in the elevator and sent them on their way up. By the way, each group was accompanied by a Foreign Ministry official, so that any confusion could be quickly resolved. Those who went up saw a tremendous sight. Fortunately, it was a clear day, and they could see far into the distance.

"I-it's so tall!?"

"How... how can you see that far up!?"

It seemed that men and women, young and old, could not hide their amazement and could only marvel at it. But at the same time, those who were perceptive seem to have noticed. Among the structures that can be seen from here, some of them are very huge.

'It must take a lot of manpower to create a building of that size. No, if it is such a large structure, the number of people living inside is also outrageous... which means that there are that many people living in this place called Japan...'

Only a few knew what it meant.

"A-amazing!! The structures that looked so big when we saw them on the ground are just like small pebbles!!"

People's excitement had not yet cooled down. Some were sickened by the sheer height, but most were overwhelmed by its height and technology. After enjoying the Skytree for about 30 minutes, the villagers visited Sumida Aquarium at the base of the Skytree and were amazed at the variety of life.

"T-there's a bright red fish."

"Is this edible?"

Kunimoto intuited that their thought process, which was directly connected to eating first, showed that they had no time to spare in their daily lives.

"This is a fish for appreciation... and recreation, so you can't eat it."

"Enjoying viewing fishes!?"

"Are you saying that you took the fish for a purpose other than to eat...?"

"To be precise, this is a fish that has been bred... variously for viewing purposes."