Rally the Troops!

This is Japan's strength gathering one after another.

At last... at last...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 1, 1751

Maero Airport, Rumaest, capital of the Neutrine Empire

On this day, Maero Airport in the Neutrine Empire was bustling with numerous aircraft. There were F-5 air superiority fighters, F-6s and EF-6s that were to participate in air control as well as ground attacks, AC-3s and A-1s that were to destroy enemy missiles and rain bullets and shells on the enemy, and P-1s to launch air-to-ground missiles. It seemed like an aviation exhibition, showcasing a variety and quantity of aircraft that could rival those seen nowhere else. Observing this spectacle, Alector, an air traffic controller at Maero Airport in the Neutrine Empire, was left speechless alongside his superior.

"Amazing, eh...? I've never seen planes that many..."

"Yeah. They said the only aircraft besides fighter jets that have flown into our country were the P-1 patrol planes... But it seems like this is going to be a battle on a scale incomparable to that time."

By the way, though not present here, the F-3s were also utilized during the Japanese-Neutrine War. However, being carrier-based aircraft, they were in a league of their own.

Then, a massive shadow appeared on the radar.

"We have a radar contact. Identification signal confirmed. It's a super-sized transport plane from Japan."

Upon receiving the report from the radar personnel, the tower staff looked up to see an aircraft significantly larger than the AC-3s and P-1s, which were considered monsters by Neutrine Empire standards, leisurely making its way to land on the runway.

"L-look at how big that thing is..."

"It makes the planes with four engines ahead of us look like toys... With such size, imagine the amount of weight it can carry... I've heard that existing Japanese transport planes can carry over 40 tons, but that must be nowhere near enough for this..."

As Alector mentioned, the newly arrived giant transport plane, the C-4 Unryu, could carry over 300 tons of cargo, a level of transportation capacity that indeed surpassed twice over the existing ones. Moreover, despite its monstrous size, its fuel efficiency was surprisingly good, leading to plans for civilian versions to be developed as well. Its capabilities in passenger and cargo transport were remarkably high, enabling transportation on a scale incomparable to previous aircraft. In other words, if global peace were to prevail and passenger and cargo transport were to become more active, there would be a significant potential for civilian aircraft sales. Depending on the modification, it might even be possible to introduce distinctions like first class and economy class, demonstrating capabilities far beyond those of existing passenger planes. However, for those witnessing such a behemoth, it was no small matter.

"...I must say again, we were foolish to have fought with Japan."

"Yes, indeed. However, now we are also allies of Japan... One of its members."

"That's true. Now, we must work hard to do what we can for world peace... for a better future."

Yet, they were to be further surprised.

From within the aircraft, imposing tanks, massive self-propelled guns, and a multitude of vehicles such as trucks and lightly armored vehicles were continuously being disgorged, causing even those accustomed to modernized weapons to tremble with fear. Indeed, what strategy would Japan pursue...