Gaiden 3: My Boss and My Advisor are Too Aggressive

A bit late, but this is the second chapter this month.

Well, it's still on... Coronas are still raging, so we must be very careful.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 3, 2023

Japan, Ministry of the Environment, New World Biological Institute, Reporting Station

Here, reports are received daily from scholars and researchers sent to various parts of the New World. However, the information gathered in this section, which can be said to be very busy, was all of the kind that shattered the common sense of the old world.

"What the heck is this planet?"

The section chief, who read the reports, and those who worked under him were disturbed by the information that came in on a daily basis.

"Most of the organisms found on the continent have nucleotide sequences similar to those of humans...? What does this even mean?"

"Why would sequences that closely resemble humans be found in organisms that are not human... to be precise, Homo sapiens?"

"That's the point... don't tell me, someone artificially altered those creatures on a genetic level?"

At the chief's words, everyone present fell silent.

"Does that mean that there is a nation in this world that is technologically advanced enough to do it?"

"If so, I don't understand why there are no countries in the Americas. I'm sure your analysis of the information you gather from other countries is that they are advanced, but only as far as the 1950s to 1960s, right? How many decades do you think genetic technology is going to be from there?"

The fact of the matter is that cloning is possible even today, but incorporating human base sequences into a completely different organism is a technology from the far future.

"...This sounds like I need to do a lot more research on this world... I'm getting tired of talking to upper management and the government..."

It's no wonder, since the projects are piling up even just for the sake of it. But they still do the work. Because that's what the Japanese are for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 5, 2023

Japan, American Continent, Bay Morioka Base

In the past two months or so that Miku has been living at the base, Narusaka has lost a lot of weight. This was because Kamonuma and Genno clashed with each other at every turn. They would smile and pet Miku only when they were smothering her, but when they didn't, they would immediately start arguing with each other. The other staff members wanted to stop her, but she was the highest-ranking staff member they had dispatched, so no one could interfere.

Kamonuma is still a second lieutenant, so she is one of the lower-ranking officers at the base... but there are only a few officers who can talk to her because of her good looks, literary and military prowess, and her ability to take care of others.

Or rather, it can be said that they are simply amused by a certain opportunistic part of Japanese people who do not want to be kicked by horses by interfering in other people's romantic affairs...

"Haah... I wonder why the Second Lieutenant and Genno-san can't just get along..."

The other members all at once turned at his mutterings in shock.