Spark of Fire Discovered

Happy New Year, everyone!

This will be my first post of the year. The Omicron epidemic has already begun, so let's take care of various things and enjoy life successfully.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 15, 1749

Waspaniat Kingdom territory, Philip Island

This is an island called Philip Island, one of the territories of the Waspaniat Kingdom. Its precise location is in what is called the Philippines in the old world.

Ten Harusame-class frigates, which were built as small and inexpensive small frigates based on the Japan Coast Guard's 1.800-ton patrol vessels (specifically, the Aso-class), were deployed here. This was the closest point to the Yi Empire other than the continental area, and at the same time, there were mines and oil fields that did not exist in the old world, so Waspaniat, upon Japan's suggestion, had gathered a large number of forces (based on the Waspanite standard) to fortify their defense.

These frigates, which were deployed around those waters, were planned to be exportable as a frigate more than two years before the Sindhvan Community heard of its existence, since the Waspaniat Kingdom has many islands, including the equivalent of the Philippines and Indonesia, as well as parts of the continent such as Vietnam and Thailand. Although it is a 1.800-ton frigate, it is nine times larger than the 200-ton Hayabusa-class missile boat, the smallest combat ship in the Maritime Self-Defense Force.

At first, several were built in Japan to see how they fared. These vessels were manufactured by knockdown in shipyards set up on the islands of the Waspaniat Kingdom through the kindness of Japan, employing locals and securing local employment.

It uses FCS and the Japan Coast Guard-standard surface search radar, and the ATLA, unable to find an anti-air radar that could be installed on a ship of this level, decided to use existing technology to make the system work. It uses a small improved anti-air radar (specifically, a small anti-air radar mounted on the F-15 and improved so that it can be forcibly mounted on a ship), which is the same as the F-15's, and in anti-air combat it could simultaneously detect 18 targets and track 6 targets (originally it could track 8 targets out of 24 targets, but the specifications were slightly reduced), and by conventional Waspanite standards, the ship was built with technology that was over 100 years more advanced.

The name Harusame was adopted after a Waspanite Navy officer who had researched Japanese naval history said, "We want the name of the first small ship (in this case, a destroyer) that Japan produced domestically," and Japan gave the go-ahead. As a result, the Waspaniat Kingdom adopted not only "Ame" but also "Kaze," "Yuki," and other weather-related Japanese destroyer names one after another.

However, each country that allowed knockdown production had its own variations, with the Divine Kingdom of Anubisius taking the name of sea creatures that live in Japan, and the Republic of Francesca taking the name of fruit trees that grows wild in Japan, and so on. For some reason, they all wanted to give their names in Japanese.

The Harusame-class frigates have only two escape boats remaining among the equipment they carried compared to the patrol vessels, with the rest having been replaced by armaments.

The armament will be as follows:

- 1 × single 52 caliber 105 mm gun taken from a Type 16 MCV turret (not a tank gun)

- 1 × RWS 12,7 mm machine gun

- 1 × octuple Type 28 short-range anti-air missile (modified from the Type 93 Light SAM of the GSDF to a ship-mounted type)