There Are Times When a Man Must Go Even if He Is Fighting a Losing Battle

Sorry for the delay!!

This chapter is about the attack on Ganeshade by the combined forces of Grand Lago and Anubisius. I wonder what will happen next...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 11, 1743

Eastern Sindhvan Community, Omarala District harbor, Grand Lago-Anubisius Allied Forces

The year began early.

This is one of the ports owned by the Sindhvan Community, and there is a large port for trade with the Yi Empire and the Waspaniat Kingdom in the east. It was already part of the development that had been made possible by Japanese technical assistance and building technology, and was being supplied with food and fuel.

Fueil, the commander of the fleet deployed by the Grand Lago Kingdom, sighed as he watched the goods being loaded one after another.

"Good grief... even though it's an order from the top, it's still weird that we have to fight that unknown Ganeshade..."

"We have no choice. And since our diplomats have also been murdered and they say they have no intention of apologizing at all, that is more than enough reason," Tom, the second-in-command standing beside him, shrugged.

"In addition to our land and naval forces, we also have the modernized warships of Anubisius. Even if we lose, I think we'll get a fair amount of information."

"Well, maybe."

Ahead of their gaze sat a ship that is gray in color and larger than the Quartz, though slimmer. This is the Pistorix, the first mass-produced export ship, based on the hull of the Shikishima-class patrol vessel, which was offered to Anubisius from Japan.

In addition to this, a transport ship (appropriated from a Japanese cruise ship) carrying 1.500 army soldiers is also docked there, with a reserve of food and fuel.

"Now... what kind of fight will those spider-women put up?"

As for the breakdown of this deployment, the Navy formation consisted of the following:

Grand Lago Kingdom

- 1 × Quartz-class battleship

- 3 × Lazulite-class armored cruisers

- 5 × Muscovite-class supply ships

- 1 × passenger transport ship

- 2 × Vanadinite-class transport boats (Japanese-made export boats with a capacity almost equal to the Japanese LCU-2001-class)

Among these, the Lazulite-class armored cruiser is very similar to the Japanese Asama-class armored cruiser in specifications. It is capable of reaching 25 knots, thanks to the replacement diesel engines imported from Japan. The Quartz is similar in this respect, and although it has a weight problem, it is capable of a maximum speed of 23 knots.

Divine Kingdom of Anubisius

- 1 × Pistorix-class cruiser

- 2 × supply ships

In addition, Grand Lago, with the help of Japanese technology and doctrinal guidance, had begun mass production of the Lithia light tank, a short-barreled tank with a rotating turret. Five of these tanks are accompanying the deployed fleet, along with the army, in order to test their capabilities.