Adjustments Like Strangling with a Cord

This is this month's post.

Finally, the decision has been made to attack the Yi Empire's capital of Nanjing... It's hard to say what kind of results this will produce.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 18, 2032

Japan, Tokyo, Ministry of Defense Joint Staff Office

The Ministry of Defense was currently contemplating a landing operation in the capital city of Nanjing, located in the southern part of the Yi Empire. A senior official of the Joint Staff is briefing cabinet members using an airborne projector recently developed by S*ny.

"The Yi Empire's forces have been greatly reduced in number, and there are no more troops available for the invasion of the Waspaniat Kingdom."

The Yi Empire was originally a hegemonic nation, but aside from the Waspaniat Kingdom, its neighboring nations were the Yetisk Empire, the world's most powerful, and the Halidom of Ganeshade, which was said to be untouchable, so the majority of its military force was allocated to the defense of the capital, Nanjing, and its surroundings. Of course, more than 30 naval vessels remained as the capital's defense force, including four dreadnought battleships.

"This time, we need to take on the combined land, sea, and air defense forces of the capital before we can march into the city and make a peace offer. First of all, the remaining mobilizable number of land forces alone in the capital is 200.000."

"T-two hundred thousand!?"

"They can still mobilize that many...?"

"I mean, from the report, how could they call themselves a hegemonic nation with a troop deployment that extreme...? Most of the troops are for defense."

The reason for this was the fear of being attacked by the Yetisk Empire the moment they show weakness. The total number of troops belonging to the Yetisk Empire is 2 million, with 1 million in the army, 450.000 in the navy, 350.000 in the air force, and 200.000 as the garrison, something like the Italian patrol force that is responsible for the defense of the capital along with the regular army. On the border with the Yetisk Empire, in addition to the 400.000 troops, there is a structure like the Great Wall of China, said to have been built in ancient times and has been expanded and fortified to prepare for the Yetisk Empire.

"As for their navy, however, it has lost more than 100 ships of its main force in the battle against our country, which is a loss of more than 150.000 men. The army has lost 100.000 troops who tried to invade the Waspaniat Kingdom, so we can even say that we still have a margin to spare in terms of numbers. As for the air force, it has suffered the fewest losses and has hardly defeated any of them yet. However, the total number of these troops is the total number including the transportation unit for logistical support, and the total number of transportation units alone is more than 300.000."

There are so many numbers and its logistics will not be easily disrupted. The ministers grumbled at the sheer volume of force.

"This is going to be hard to deal with."

"Yeah. The Yi Empire seems to like building cities underground, and most of their territory is underground except for farmland. On the other hand, by making most of the land into farmland, the Yi Empire has achieved a food self-sufficiency rate of over 120 percent."

The population of the Yi Empire exceeded 200 million. The fact that this country's food self-sufficiency rate exceeded 120% will make it a tough juggernaut. In fact, part of the food is exported to the Yetisk Empire.