Assault

Long time no see. This is the second chapter this month.

Maybe it's because I've been home more often, but my writing is progressing well... However, this piece is currently at about 90 chapters, and I'm having some trouble continuing it.

I'm trying not to be too lazy, so maybe I'll get some inspiration in a little while.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 27, 1742

Neutrine Empire, Capital Rumaest

A week has passed since the siege of the capital by the Self-Defense Forces. Although the sky was bright blue and clear, people's faces were dark. The soldiers who were in charge of defending the capital were completely demoralized by the various noises that were blaring irregularly, day and night, and which aroused fear in the people.

BO-BOOOOOOOOM!

Moreover, they would occasionally drop live artillery fire on vacant lots and base sites. This was why the Type 99 self-propelled 155 mm howitzers were called in. The JASDF also bombed unoccupied structures as if for practice, adding to the fear. Also, the bombings were carried out only on the houses of senators and high-ranking military officers, as revealed by Meelo's information.

"Those damned Japanese... they're going to keep this up forever..."

Senate President Ocheion was completely sleep-deprived and has dark circles under his eyes. Once, to his horror, a shell landed next to the Senate Chamber and turned five soldiers on guard into pieces of flesh.

"They could have destroyed us at any time... Why didn't they?"

Neither Ocheion nor the other 20 senators have returned home for the past week. No, they have not. Not long after the first day of the sound attack, Ocheion's house suddenly exploded. He thought it might have been an air strike. In fact, when he had his soldiers examine the burnt ruins, they found evidence of a large explosion.

"Grrr, those abominations. There are flying machines in the sky today."

Looking up in the sky, a dark green flying machine with rotating wings attached to its top was flying around and making noises.

"Yeah... I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight," Ocheion muttered glumly at the sky.

. . .

Meanwhile

15 km west of Rumaest

The SDF command center was located here, where all the information from the various besieging units was gathered.

"This is the 3rd Northern Group. Another resident attempted to escape. Five males and five females between the ages of 10 and 14."

"HQ, understood. Take them into custody and transfer them to the Garrison Base by regular flight."

"Copy."

Major General Wakamoto, who was receiving the report, was surprised that there were fewer deserters than he had expected.

"Still only 20 people... it's fewer than I thought," Wakamoto muttered, to which his subordinates, Colonel Chiba and Lieutenant Colonel Nakai nodded their heads.

"Must be patriotism. They believe in their country so much."

"Or maybe many of them understand that it's a situation they can't escape."