Overview & National Setting

I had previously posted this as a separate work, but decided to post it here since it hasn't been seen much. If you don't recognize it, please take a look.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APPEARING COUNTRIES

. . .

Japan

The nation that can be called the protagonist of this story. It has the capabilities of the OTL Japan itself. As a result of its sudden transfer to the parallel Earth, which is at the medieval to modern level of civilization, it begins to take action to secure food and resources as a matter of urgency. In the process, they discovered the unexplored American continent, and the Japanese government decided to take the initiative in the development of the continent under the guise of a state of emergency, when in the OTL Earth, the development would have been carried out by immigrants from Europe.

They were eager to establish friendly relations with the local indigenous tribes, and even though they were of low civilization, they tried to maintain courtesy and civility, and was accepted by the tribes one after another without forcing them into slavery or invading them as in the OTL Earth. As a result, they succeeded in bringing the northern and central Americas under their control, and although provisionally, established them as the "North American Japan" and the "Central American Japan," declared their possession, and began immigration and settlement with the cooperation of the indigenous peoples.

Until the transference, the country was inhabited only by ordinary humans, but after the transference, it absorbed demi-humans living in the Americas and promoted an aggressive procreation policy upon immigration, resulting in an overall population increase of over 200.000 people in just over two years after the transference. At the same time as settling the area, the natives were educated in the Japanese style, while preserving the aspects of the natives that should be preserved, and they were gradually acclimated to Japan.

The country boasts of technology and national power that is far beyond the capabilities of any other country in the world, and antagonizing this country would mean the death of the nation.

The country owns the Self-Defense Forces as a national defense force and the Japan Coast Guard as maritime security, but the continent it is about to claim is so vast that it has to urgently organize a budget to increase personnel, build related facilities, and mass-produce weapons.

As a side note, since the SDF has gained control of the continent, it is also very significant that it has been able to secure a vast training ground for the SDF, allowing them to conduct various exercises that used to require expensive expeditions to the United States. In addition, the development of new domestic weapons will be promoted, since the world is a civilization similar to that of medieval and modern Earth, but with many ambitious nations, and the possibility of threats to national security will be very high.

. . .

The Americas (later named the Japanese Americas)

The first continent with which Japan comes into contact. Unlike the original Americas, the tribes that first contacted Japan were demi-humans, with bear-like ears and hair, and deer-like horns and hair. Upon contact with Japan, they realize that they are still at a low level of civilization, but they accept being placed under Japan's possession, which treats them as equals and teaches them many things. Although they have physical characteristics such as bear ears and deer antlers, their personalities are gentle and friendly. Both are skilled in arms and are hired by civil engineering companies, where they become active.