Sindhvan Joint Firepower Drill

Hi, this is the second chapter this month.

I've been getting a lot of comments from people who are asking me, "Isn't this wrong?" I have been trying to supplement my knowledge by researching on the internet, but I am not very good at it.

I would appreciate it if you would read this work on the premise that it is a novel of such "incomplete" knowledge.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 25, 1740

Sindhvan Community, Western Port City of Levadad

The Sindhvan Community contingent had arrived 5 kilometers offshore from the port city of Levadad, located in the western part of the country near old world's Lebanon.

First, Mizoguchi of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who was on board as a diplomat, was dropped off in a launch and put in charge with the Foreign Affairs Bureau over there. However, in fact, the rough negotiations had been conducted through the Divine Kingdom of Anubisius while they were in Japan. Therefore, what they are doing here is what is called "confirmation." After that, they met with the leaders of the Council of 21 that oversee the Sindhvan Community.

The Sindhvan Community is a group of businessmen who have formed an entity similar to a country. The majority of its land is desert and wasteland, a harsh environment, where men of various races and Lamia women with serpentine underbellies live. Commerce is highly developed in the region, probably because it is a strategic point connecting Africa with Europe and Asia.

The country is highly developed in liberal economics, where the concept of "joint-stock companies," which had not been introduced in Japan until the end of the Edo period, was quickly adopted, and many people in the country own shares in domestic trading companies to gain various benefits.

Due to the barren nature of the land, there is little productivity other than energy-related activities from the Japanese perspective. However, as a key commercial center, the country has signed a covenant of non-aggression with other countries, which prohibits any kind of combat activities within this country. So much so that the country's capital is used as the venue for the World Conference, where the rulers of Europe and Africa gather to meet.

The guildmasters (all of whom are Lamia women) who oversee the various regions hold the greatest power, and they discuss the distribution of goods and prices. At first glance, this organization may seem like an antiquated stockbroker's club, but behind the scenes, it manages the distribution of goods to maintain a 'moderate' level of freedom.

Since the Yetisk Empire which boasts the greatest degree of development in the world basically does not participate in economic activities through imports and exports, it mainly delivers goods from the Grand Lago Kingdom, the Yi Empire, and the Neutrine Empire to other countries. The most widely known items are the Morse code transmitter and the telephone which were first developed by Grand Lago. Since the Yetisk Empire has not disclosed its advanced technologies, it can be said that the most advanced item circulating around came from Grand Lago. Thanks to this and the power generation equipment, communication was reasonably quick despite the world's disparate levels of technology.

However, a country suddenly emerged that possessed the power to bring all the hard work of this community to a halt: Japan.

It was a country that controlled a huge continent stretching from north to south that no one had ever been able to touch before, and produced goods of unbelievably high quality according to the standards of the people.