The State of the Neutrine Empire

Hi, Kasami here.

I received some harsh comments from one of you... Well, that is part of being an author, right?

I'll try my best without being discouraged, while also making my own arguments.

This time, I would like to show you the situation of the country called the Neutrine Empire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 4, 1741

Neutrine Empire, Capital Rumaest

Rumaest, a city located between Romania and Hungary in this world's Eastern Europe, is the capital of the Neutrine Empire, and the place where everything and anything in the country was gathered.

The city, which to a modern Japanese would look like the London-like streets of England after the successful Industrial Revolution, is covered with a large amount of smoke, and the air quality is not as good as in the Grand Lago Kingdom before the introduction of Japanese technology. However, the people do not care and work day and night. All this is done with the strong desire to retaliate against their hated nemesis, the Yetisk Empire, and achieve peace and prosperity for themselves.

However, these people are ambitious to a fault and at the same time ridiculously hostile toward outsiders. Therefore, the only way to obtain the country's products is through the Sindhvan Community, with which they have the only relationship.

Although the Neutrine Empire is one step behind the Grand Lago Kingdom in many technological aspects, the fact that most of its surroundings are land (although there are port cities in the northernmost and southernmost parts of the country) has allowed the Neutrine Empire to focus on vehicle development, and the 'tanks' completed two years ago are becoming the mainstay of its land forces.

Grand Lago naturally adopted that method of warfare, which was developed to counter the trench warfare tactics employed by the Republic of Francesca, in which they dig holes and aim their bows in them or at the tops of trees. The somewhat angular appearance of the tank, which is said to resemble the British Mark IV rhombus tank by modern Japanese who are familiar with tanks, made the tank look reliable even by the standards of this world.

However, the military calculated that the creation of this weapon will make fighting along the border with Francesca much easier, although it is still a weapon that has just been developed and needs to be improved in various ways. These are being deployed in the western part of the country, where they will soon reach the point where they can be deployed in multiple battles.

In the center of Rumaest, there is a building reminiscent of an early modern European cathedral. This is the Grandiatre Palace, a place where Reve Neutrine, who is supposedly leading this country, resides.

In such a place, a woman with cat-like ears and tails entered a solemn room at the far end.

"Your Majesty, excuse me."

When she entered, she found a good-looking boy in his early teens, reading a book. He is Reve Neutrine, the Emperor of Neutrine.

The boy smiled upon the sight of his maid.

"Iris? Is the tea ready?"

"Yes. The Senate has sent me to bring you a very rare tea today."

The maid called Iris answered with a smile, but Reve frowned a bit when he heard the mention of the Senate. For Reve, the Senate was the entity that had taken away all the power that he should have been entrusted with and all the rights of life and death of the people. But on the other hand, he was still young and could not be strong in some areas because the Senate was guaranteeing his life.