Towards a Breakdown

This is this month's post.

The international situation is finally starting to move, but how will Japan, the Grand Lago Kingdom, and others act...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 25, 2032

Prime Minister's Office, Tokyo, Japan

The agenda for the day was "How to respond to the organized and military attacks on the patrol vessel by the Finweden Sea Kingdom." Note that Nohara and Kawaguchi, diplomats who were dispatched to Finweden, had returned to Japan on a plane from the Republic of Francesca's airport and had submitted an accurate report to the higher-ups. Therefore, everyone was relieved that their lives were guaranteed, and the concept of assurance was in place. However, the ministers' concern was not about that.

"What about the opposition parties?"

The Prime Minister's remark was not unfounded. Japan's postwar history has shown that when the opposition parties create an uproar in the National Diet, it becomes difficult to come up with effective countermeasures or bills.

"The opposition parties have witnessed the despicable actions of some nations since they came to this world, and they seem to have fallen completely silent. Well, it's no wonder they have no choice but to stay quiet when facing such preemptive attacks."

Upon hearing the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications' words, the Prime Minister let out a sigh, thinking, "Well, that's true."

Starting with the atrocities of Spernino-Italicia, the illegal capture and killing of crew members in the Neutrine Empire, the assassination of the Deputy Foreign Minister by the Halidom of Ganeshade, the list goes on and on. The opposition parties had also significantly reduced their influence and support from the public had dwindled, possibly due to the mounting problems they faced. Now, only a party with the name "Communist" on it had managed to secure a certain number of seats, and there were only a handful of other parties left. As a result, the ruling party found it much easier to proceed with their initiatives compared to the old world.

"So, what about the damage to the patrol vessel Hashidate?"

"We had three injuries when the engine room was damaged, but it's not a significant issue. As for the damage to the hull, we can repair the breaches, drain the water, and replace the engine. It should be back in service soon, and it won't take much time."

The ministers were relieved to hear the words of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, but they couldn't afford to remain calm.

"Indeed, the Hashidate is currently undergoing repairs in the Grand Lago Kingdom's facilities, right?"

"Yes, that's correct. Grand Lago's shipbuilding technology has improved significantly, and they can handle the necessary emergency repairs on the patrol vessel's hull. However, for the main engine, it should be done in Japan. The Hashidate is equipped with the latest low-fuel consumption, high-output diesel engine, and it can only be replaced in our country."

The Hashidate was a state-of-the-art patrol ship, incorporating cutting-edge technologies in various aspects, and the replacement of its main engine, which could be considered the heart of the ship, was only possible in Japan. Despite the progress in the Grand Lago Kingdom's technology, most of their capabilities were still from around the 1970s, and they had just begun to fly post-war first-generation level turbojet aircraft. Considering this, the engine replacement had to be done in Japan.

"Perhaps, for the sake of promoting decarbonization, we could try replacing it with a hydrogen-based engine that is currently under trial operation... Oh, but let's focus on the report from the scene."