Overview & National Setting 3

This will be the third overview that I promised you. I hate that it's going to be a while before the rainy season ends... Well, I guess I will just have to wait patiently.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spernino-Italicia Allied Kingdoms

The first hostile nations to Japan. Occupying the equivalent of Spain, Portugal, and Italy. The Spernino Kingdom, which has iguana-like abilities and specializes in fighting on water and shipbuilding, and the Italicia Kingdom, a country of winged people with the ability to communicate with birds, which tames giant albatross-like bird with a wingspan of about 15 meters with bird-like feathers and falcon-like birds with an emphasis on mobility; joined hands against the Republic of Francesca.

Although the two countries are united in this world, there is no friction between the races thanks to their policy of compensating for each other's shortcomings, and they boast a powerful nation for their level of civilization.

In order to operate giant birds at a distance, the country owns wooden ships called bird carriers using the shipbuilding technology of the Spernino Kingdom, and has a very modern way of thinking about military operations. Though the ships are made of wood, they also own ships-of-the-line, and they excel at using numerous cannons to overwhelm the enemy, earning them the nickname the "Invincible Fleet" both at home and abroad.

When Japan, a newcomer to the region, suddenly declares its possession of the Americas, which Spernino had been planning to take over, they attack the southern coast of the Republic with their warships and bird carriers in order to capture Francesca for the purpose of taking over the continent. In doing so, they committed all kinds of rape, robbery, and massacre against the villagers and Japanese who had come to Francesca to promote friendship between the two countries, and as a result, incurred the fierce wrath of Japan.

When the Japanese first came to their country to establish diplomatic relations, they landed in a small ship because the harbor was not deep enough, and as a result, they were treated as barbarians with little national power, and they were unable to see Japan's capabilities.

They are the countries in this world to cross Japan.

. . .

Azuchi-class Amphibious Assault Ship

A new type of landing ship that Japan, faced with the need to transport large numbers of refugees and troops quickly and in large numbers after the transference and during war, decided to build. The purpose of the new ship was to significantly change the existing capacity of the Ōsumi-class landing ship and to expand it to 257 meters, the same length as the Wasp-class amphibious assault ship.

As a result of improvements to the engines, the new ship was able to attain a speed of 30 knots, more than the previous Ōsumi-class landing ships, and succeeded in securing space to carry the same level of personnel and aircraft as the Wasp-class amphibious assault ship. The LCACs are also deployed with new and improved engines, which will increase their landing performance even more than before.

Three ships are being built, with the names of Azuchi, Odawara, and Edo. Because they are very large and have a large carrying capacity outside of aircraft carriers and helicopter destroyers, they were named after castles, which are among the largest in Japan, although this is a first for naval vessels. Although it is an amphibious assault ship, it is armed with 20 mm CIWS, the SeaRAM, and the close-in SAM system.

Armament :

- 2 × 20 mm CIWS

- 2 × SeaRAM launchers

- 2 × Close-In SAM system

. . .

Quartz-class Battleship, Quartz

The Quartz is a pre-dreadnought battleship owned by the Grand Lago Kingdom, which occupies the area equal of the United Kingdom. It has almost the same capabilities as the Fuji-class battleship by Japanese standards, and its equipment is almost the same except for torpedo tubes. However, it is equipped with 7,7 mm anti-aircraft guns in various places, perhaps in anticipation of battles with giant birds.

A Japanese otaku said, "It looks like a battleship of a friendly country that appears in a Japanese nation isekai novel."

Armament :

- Basic armament is almost the same as the battleship Fuji

- 10 × 7,7 mm machine guns

. . .

Giant Bird

There are two kinds of birds: a giant albatross-like bird with a wingspan of about 15 meters. They are only able to reach speeds of about 100 km/h, but they have very strong bodies and can carry nearly 300 kg of supplies. The Spernino Kingdom took note of these and used them for ground support or to attack large ships by dropping ceramic jars filled with chemicals that explode on impact.

When war broke out with Japan, the Italicia Kingdom had developed a giant bird carrier that launched them to bombard Japanese ships, but all were shot down by the main guns and SAMs of the destroyers before they could get within range.

The other is a falcon-like bird, which can only carry one person and some cargo due to mobility problems, but can instead fly at 210 km/h. The bird itself can only attack by beak and talon blows, but it has acquired the ability to act as a bit of a fighter when its lower torso is equipped with a ballista.

This ballista has a handle made of bamboo native to the Yi Empire to the east, making it lightweight yet sturdy. It was developed to counter the Dragon Knights of the Grand Lago Kingdom, a hypothetical enemy nation, and although it is not powerful enough to pierce their torso, it is intended to take away the enemy's ability to fly by targeting the wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This will be the first time I will be posting a hostile state. This is also an outlier, but in the unlikely event that I have something to boil down the setting, I may post it. Please wait another few days or so for the next post.

- Kazuhiro Kasami