Scientific Consideration of Possible Monster Girls

This is the second chapter this month.

Finally, Arachne's abilities, albeit predicted, are revealed... Now have any of you readers had a bite...

Enjoy.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 3, 2028

Japan, Tokyo, Prime Minister's Office

While the world was buzzing with the festivities of the Dolls' Festival, the news of the Grand Lago-Anubisius Allied Forces' crushing defeat by the primitive Halidom of Ganeshade spread throughout Japan in an instant. It was widely believed not only by the government but also by the general public that the Arachne race, which is said to have a civilization that is equal to or only a hair above that of cavemen, could not normally win against the military of a nation with technology level around the Meiji and Taisho eras, even if they could inflict some damage even if they used their physical abilities.

However, it was also widely believed that their attacks were repelled by the presence of beings with special abilities among the enemy, so there was a belief that at worst they could not win. However, even so, the general public of both kingdoms, as well as Japan, believed that they would not be defeated without being able to do anything, and that they would return with a reasonable impact.

The results were disastrous.

The only damage inflicted on the enemy was through the self-destruction of three tanks, which killed less than 10 enemies. They also reported that more than a dozen people were killed or wounded by archers and stone throwers, as well as several soldiers kidnapped. Despite the overwhelming difference in technology level, they withdrew from the area on the same day they landed, judging that they were no match for the enemy. This was a complete defeat for the expeditionary forces.

On the day of the attack, the Prime Minister's Office secretly invited the SDF officers from the Ground, Maritime, and Air branches that had been dispatched there, as well as several scientists. They had spent nearly a month returning to the Sindhvan Community before flying to Narita.

"Here is a report of the battle as far as we could see and hear during the attack by the armies of the two kingdoms."

The bureaucrats who looked over the report presented by the researcher Kiryu all had gloomy expressions on their faces.

"...Really, was the attack at all, to say the least..."

"Not to mention the bullets and mortars, how could 57-millimeter tank guns, albeit it's antiquated for us, not get through...?"

"The only damage inflicted was the explosions when the tanks self-destructed... what is happening?"

While the bureaucrats were fidgeting, Kiryu presented various documents. Among them was a report titled "On-Site Magnetic Field Activation."

"Kiryu-kun, what is this?"

"I will explain this as well when we proceed, so please be patient. Now, let us begin the briefing and the presentation of scientifically explainable considerations on the enemy's capabilities."

The bureaucrats waited with bated breath for Kiryu's report.

"First of all, the continental calendar... should be called the 'Western Calendar' by the inhabitants of each country, so we will call it the Western Calendar from now on, but on January 28, 1743 Western Calendar, the Grand Lago-Anubisius Allied Forces attacked the Halidom of Ganeshade, landed at Kalkatak, a place near what we call the Ganges River."