Gaiden 4: Sabretooth who Became a Member of the SDF and the Two Equal Brides

This is the first chapter this month.

Kamen Rider Saber has started, and as a book lover, I am very much looking forward to it since it seems to be a book-themed season.

From October, I'm looking forward to The Irregular at Magic High School... to hear Ponkotsurina in Hikasa-san's voice... man. Ngehehe.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 21, 2025

Japan, Bay Morioka Base

Two years have already passed since Miku took up residence at the base. She had grown up and, as Genno had predicted, her canine teeth have grown considerably.

Genno concluded that Miku was a saber-toothed tiger, or a similar feline, and requested that the New World Biological Institute register her as a "completely new species," while at the same time submitting a request for "continued research." The possibility is high that it possesses abilities and ecology unimaginable in the previous life on Earth, so they need to continue their research on it, even if it is only one animal.

"After all, the fact that she is so intelligent and has human genes is so puzzling that it needs to be studied further," Genno said. She continued to reside in the Bay Morioka area.

Then, in mid-July of that year, an incident occurred. But it was not exactly an incident caused by Miku. A radical leftist group from the mainland went all the way to the continent to use Miku as a threat against the Self-Defense Forces and attempted to intrude on the Bay Morioka Base.

At 03:00, two men infiltrated the base to capture Miku in Narusaka's room, and when Miku sensed the presence of those suspicious men, she jumped up, broke the windowpane, ran outside, and knocked down the two men with a cat punch in a matter of second. The base security guards eventually secured them, but this was widely reported in the newspaper.

The headline read in large letters.

"SABRETOOTH TIGER RAISED AT JASDF BAY MORIOKA BASE ARREST LEFTIST EXTREMISTS WHO TRIED TO INFILTRATE THE BASE!"

Moreover, the feline did not kill the intruders like a wild animal, but rather slapped them on the cheek with a clawless cat punch, knocking them out, and then went to inform the sentry who was guarding the base.

This display of cleverness quickly became a hot topic, and at the same time, the government realized that it would be a bad thing if the SDF were seen as mistreating animals, and that it would be a problem if the base security was lax because it was the Air Self-Defense Force and the base belonged to the continent (the reason for this is that the GSDF with which they train have extraordinary melee skills, and after the fact that they were completely outmatched in joint training became known, they decided that they didn't need to be as good as the land-based forces, but the threat level on the continent is too low, partly because there are many obvious threats such as dinosaurs, and the alert level is a bit lower than on the mainland).

While they were struggling to deal with the situation, one of the old-world wonders and real surprises caught the Prime Minister's attention on a TV program.

"Wojtek, a bear who became a soldier in the Polish army?"

It was the story of a Syrian brown bear who actually existed in the Polish Land Troops during World War II, who held the rank of corporal and was assigned to supply their troops and those of the Allied forces.

Wojtek was picked up by an Iranian boy after his parents were shot and killed by hunters as a cub. But he was later transferred further to Polish refugees in exchange for supplies, and has been with humans ever since. After being picked up by the Polish and growing up, he became very beloved because of his deep understanding of how to spend time with humans, including wrestling with soldiers and not injuring them.