Aircraft Carrier and Battleship

This is my second chapter posted this month.

I'm working hard on Pokemon, but I still haven't been able to get a good connection with my internet connection, so no Gigantamax is showing up in Max Raid Battles...

If I don't hurry and update, I won't be able to receive the early purchase bonus, Larvitar, so I'll do my best.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 4, 2025

Japan, Tokyo, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

On this first working day of the new year, Kapel, Ambassador of Anubisius to Japan, was visiting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Kaya, a career employee at the Foreign Ministry, was on hand to greet him.

"Happy New Year, Kapel-san. I look forward to working with you again this year."

"Don't mention it, I'm here to discuss today's matter with you..."

"Yes, what is the matter?"

Kapel, a slender, tall dark elf male, coughed and looked Kaya in the eye and began to speak.

"Actually, there is a country that wants to establish diplomatic relations with Japan and asked us to act as an intermediary, and we are here to negotiate."

"Eh, a country that wants to establish diplomatic relations with our country!?"

"Yes."

"What country?"

Kaya quickly unfolded the map. Since the Divine Kingdom of Anubisius is the nation that rules the entirety of North Africa, he intended to have him point out where it was located in reference to the Divine Kingdom.

"Uhh... based on the scale and distance... oh, it's right here."

Kapel pointed to the Middle East region.

"What is this place?"

"The Sindhvan Community is a country, or should I say... a collection of countries... it is difficult to describe, but there is an administrative body here, so I will describe it as a country."

When asked to pen down the places he named the Sindhvan Community, he found that it claimed the entire Middle East (from Turkey in the west to Pakistan in the east to Yemen in the south), as it was called in the old world.

'Why are there so few countries in this world? It seems to me that it would not be surprising if there are more small countries in disarray...'

This country, as the name suggests, is a community, and everything in the country is decided by consultation among the leading figures in the country.

"Amazing. From the size alone, it's as big as your country," Kaya praised, but Kapel laughed.

"How outrageous. It is true that our country is also large. However, the Sindhvan Community is a world-class commercial power, a thriving transit point for merchants. Its economy is incomparable to ours."

He explained that there are "districts" divided by the same boundaries as the countries of the old world, and that the merchants who govern them have great power. Their principle of action is simple. The world develops when it is connected, and they are enriched as a result. They must not lie. Trust is the greatest asset in business.

Of course, there is competition in business, such as exploring the other party's way of doing business, copying what is good, and developing one's own business, but they seem to have the greatest aversion to dishonesty.