The Boy Emperor Returns to His Homeland

This is the first chapter of this month.

In case you are wondering, I have not included any outlandish material this time.

That said, Summoning Japan is getting kind of creepy...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 10, 1742

Divine Kingdom of Anubisius, Divine City Caije

With the negotiations with Japan concluded and the fighting in the Neutrine Empire all but over, Reve and his entourage returned to their country. The senators were detained in Japan, where they were to be tried for failing to stop the military's outburst and for declaring war on Japan. However, they are guaranteed food, clothing, and shelter, so they are treated better than some of the other nations in the world. Well, they were relieved of this, since they have done so many things that almost destroyed their country.

"Grandfather, I will do everything in my power to revive the Empire."

"Yes. I will be with you, Your Majesty."

Reve had purchased a variety of books on Japan's institutions, laws, and even its people. Of course, there were also many books on military affairs. He had heard that there is no problem on Japan's part if Neutrine was made more like Japan, a nation capable of defending itself despite its pacifism. Therefore, it was necessary for the Japanese to export technology that was obsolete from their perspective, but more than 100 years ahead of the time for Neutrine, so that they would be able to defend themselves against the Yetisk Empire.

The other friendly countries have shown some understanding on this point. According to them, "We don't really care as long as they don't try to pick a fight with us," and Japan was grateful for that point, which can be described as indifferent. Instead, they have to increase the speed of upgrading the capabilities of all friendly countries, but it is not that big a deal if they think of it as a slight acceleration of the schedule they were going to make sooner or later.

However, the Ministry of Defense and the Self-Defense Forces, which are forced to provide guidance and instruction, may or may not have seriously screamed... Well, it is always a promise that the hardships in the field are not conveyed to the higher-ups. Of course, there will be a lot of work to be done, not only in the military, but also in the private sector, as well as politics.

"By the way, Grandfather, where do you start when you think of standing up against Yetisk?"

"I think it probably starts with teaching advanced tactics. You can't understand the operation of weapons if you don't know how to fight in an advanced way."

Furthermore, Reve himself is also responsible for raising the awareness of the people of Neutrine. There was a mountain of work to be done. However, they cannot stop moving forward. They must continue, however steep the road ahead.

Then, with a blush on his face, Reve squirmed.

"About that, Grandfather."

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"...When will the ceremony with Camellia take place?"

The expression on Reve's face, which could be described as appropriate for his age, made Meelo smile warmly.

"Well, I hope I have just stated that we are going to finish the process of the defeat with Japan and that the Empire will start a new system."

"...I suppose so."

Despite the fact that it was only during this exile escapade, Reve seemed to have completely opened up to Camellia. But Meelo was okay with that. He thought it would be the first step toward a new path for their country.