Prologue

It was supposed to be a celebration but instead they were preparing for a war. A report had come that the Blood Pack had started to move towards their territory. It was not a concealed attack, it was a head on confrontation and as the Alpha, she needed to lead her pack to battle leaving her mate to make sure that the other pack members were safe.

But matters were not going according to her plan, the Blood Pack suddenly got stronger and were able to push them back and kill so many of their warriors. They were prepared for war but this pack of rogues had become powerful beyond her expectation.

One by one, they were falling and that was when she felt pain as if something was being ripped open apart. The pulling and tugging made her kneel to the bloody ground as he clutched her chest with her breathing that started to get difficult, every gasp shook her body then her wolf whimpered. Something was wrong!

A shadow passed through her eyes followed by a thud as it landed on the ground, with her excellent vision, she saw it and with a cry she looked at the direction where it had landed only to see her mate's bloody form. With a cry of desperation, she scrambled to her feet towards that familiar man. Shakily, she touched Xander's pale face as the tears formed in her eyes.

"No, no, no, my love please open your eyes!" she pleaded while gently lifting his head and touching their foreheads. Her tears kept falling but the man remained still, unmoving despite the pleas of his love. Amber could still feel his shallow breathing but the fear of losing him was slowly consuming her mind.

"Look at you, suffering. I did not expect that a time will come for you to be kneeling and begging for something that will not happen o great Alpha de Lune!" The voice rang as he looked at the Alpha kneeling of the ground clinging to her mate. "No matter how you plead or beg or cry, he will die! Humans are fragile and foolish beings." The mocking and joy in his voice was prevalent as he continued to laugh maniacally while staring down at them.

But none of this mattered to her, all of her attention was on her mate and every shallow breath he takes slowly ate at her sanity. She continued to plead to the moon goddess to save her mate but the more she begged and the more that nothing happened, the more she was losing her mind.

The pain had become overwhelming that even her wolf started to cry in anguish as the once vibrant golden eyes slowly filled with blood. Wrath, it was a feeling she had never felt before, her blood was curdling in pure rage. She wanted blood.

Her wolf was craving for something to tear apart, the urge to destroy everything was becoming stronger and the blabbering thing not far away from her became the sole target of her wolf's deadly claws.

--

Author's Note: If you stumbled upon this story, I hope that you find it enjoyable.