EC 36: Warning

There was a bit of silence before he heard another voice, "The mayor is a good man. His forefathers were actually werewolves but their family had suffered a regression for the past generation and none of them were able to shift into wolves. Because of that they decided to leave the pack and try their luck in human settlements. Even though they had settled with humans, they were still concerned with the safety of the werewolves thus they strived and followed a path that would give them the power to protect our race from any unwanted eyes." One of the aunties explained while reminiscing of the past, even though the mayor's family left, they still remained werewolves in heart.

According to them, because of the mayor and his family, many of them could actually work in human establishments in the city and that they could live peacefully without any interference from humans.

"I see," was his only answer to everything he had learned. By now nothing would be able to surprise to him any longer, well he hoped so. He would not be surprised any longer if he ever encounters werewolves in the city.

After approximately half an hour of walking they finally reached the center. He could see that the werewolves were busy as always, some greeted them while walking. They gave both of them warm smiles and some of them were staring too intensely with a wide grin on their faces.

"Alpha! How have you been?" someone who was fixing the tables outside his shop approached them with drinks in his hand.

"I am doing fine and had been a little bit busy these past few days," she answered with her usual smile but Xander observed that this smile was actually brighter.

"That's comforting to know Alpha." His gave Xander a quick glance before returning his focus on Amber. This did not escape Xander's eyes he then heard him speak once again. "I can feel that you are happy today Alpha so I brought a drink for you and for your mate." He offered her the drink then offered the other to Xander.

He mumbled a thank you and the shop owner only smiled widely, "Now that you are here, the Alpha seemed happier so stay with her okay." The whispered words made Xander embarrassed.

"I heard that, please don't tease him because he might leave me because of embarrassment." Both her and the owner laughed at her statement and Xander could only look away to hide his reddening face.

They continued and similar situations occurred all through their way towards the children's house. "They are very friendly," was his only words towards Amber who had been amused along the way. The smile on her face did not disappear and had widened instead.

"Xander!" the children shouted in unison as soon as they saw them enter the gate. They left what they were doing and run towards them. Xander's eyes widened at the children who were rushing towards him and braced himself. The aunties who were watching them, were also surprised at the sudden action and they were not able to stop them from running.

Several children collided with Xander, and though he braced himself, their weight and their combined forced knocked him to the ground. Luckily the cup in his hand was already empty by the time they reached their destination and in haste he let it go to make sure that no one from the children would be hurt from the fall.

He could feel his back hitting the ground and he was thankful that the ground was actually covered with grass which lessened the pain from the impact. He could only sigh and laugh when he heard the children giggling at what had happened. He even forgot that his back was aching because of the happy faces of these kids.

Amber picked up two of the kids who was on top of Xander and put them on the side while the aunties who finally caught up did the same. She offered her hand and helped Xander to stand up.

"Ow," he was not able to hold himself from exclaiming at the pain from his back. In an instant, the children stopped laughing while the aunties were looking at him in concern.

"Does your back hurt?" Amber asked with a frown on her face. She moved behind Xander and lifted his shirt to look at it.

"I'm fine, it might bruise but it's not that painful," he pulled his shirt down then gave the children a smile. He regretted what he did and now look at the children who were about to cry, "I'm fine, you can go and play again." He waved his hand and even stretched to show that he was really fine.

This time the children obediently obeyed. They gave him one last look before they returned to what they were doing with the aunties. "You should go and rest or let the doctor see your back." One of the aunties advised before she turned around to follow them.

"Let's go," Amber held his arm and slightly pulled him away from the playground. "Let's go to Dr. Silver's clinic." Since he was being pulled, Xander did not argue. They only walked for a while to reach the doctor's clinic.

"Hello Alpha, what can I do for you?" Dr. Silver asked after seeing the both of them entering her clinic. To see them both made Dr. Silver smile because it was a good sign that their relationship had turned for the good.

"Can I borrow one of your ice packs? Xander's back was bruised because of the children." She pointed at the man who stayed silent.

Dr. Silver got one and handed it to the Alpha then she pointed to one of the rooms. "You can use that room."

Xander gave her nod then followed behind. "Is it okay for you to be doing this?" he was feeling a bit uncomfortable although he did not know why but looking at Amber who was staring at him nonchalantly reduced that feeling.

"Yes, we need to apply the ice pack on your back to reduce the swelling and the bruising. Please remove your shirt and lie on the bed." Xander sighed before reluctantly removing his shirt and lying on the bed he then felt the coldness from the ice pack on his back. "Just relax here for a while, I have something to talk to with Dr. Silver for a moment."

Xander nodded as he closed his eyes so when Amber returned, he was sleeping peacefully. Amber had just sat down when a voice suddenly called out from the outside of the room. The person was looking for Xander then she entered the room with a face full of worry.

"I heard that Xander was injured, is he okay?" she asked after entering the room.

Amber picked the blanket and covered Xander just as the woman entered the room. She then smiled and answered her question, "Yes, he is fine. You don't have to worry since I am here to look after him."

Shiey did not expect to see the Alpha but she still ignored her and was looking at Xander who was lying on the bed. Amber was ticked by the woman's action so she stood up and blocked her view. "You can return now miss. I will take care of Xander. You don't have to concern yourself with his manners any longer since he has a mate who will take care of her." She emphasized the word 'mate' and gave the woman a glare. She also released a quarter of her aura as a warning to the woman to not approach them any longer.

Dr. Silver felt the Alpha's aura. She left what she was doing and went to where they were only to see a woman and the Alpha having a standoff. She recognized the woman to be one of the caretakers for the Yulian pack's pups.

"I'm sorry Alpha, I was just concerned when I heard that he was injured and besides the children were asking if he was fine so I came to check," she made up an excuse and did not back down. She was not part of her pack so she was able to endure the Alpha's aura.

The doctor was amazed that the woman was not being affected the Apha's aura and this fact annoyed Amber even more, she could already tell that the Alpha was not very fond of this woman.

"Go back for now and tell them that Xander is fine. The Alpha is here to look after him." Mahalia stood in between them then she held the woman's hands and gently pulled her away from the room.

She let go of the woman's hands and looked her in the eyes, "Xander already has a mate, please don't create a problem for yourself and stop whatever you are thinking of doing right now. It would not be good for you nor the children if you continue to anger the Alpha and this will surely reach Alpha Gidou if you don't stop right now." She sincerely advised as she was concerned with the possible outcome if this woman will not stop. Shiey did not answer but she gave a nod before she bid the doctor goodbye.

"I don't like that woman," she heard Amber's growl from behind, her eyes had already turned gold due to anger. "She had been hanging around Xander and even have the audacity to come. The whole pack already knew that Xander is my mate and yet here she was still wanting to get close to him."

Sigh, "Alpha, please restrain yourself for now. I have warned her already and if she doesn't heed that warning, then we can think of other way to deal with the problem. But I am really hoping that she doesn't get any ideas about Xander."