EC 37: Going Crazy

Instead of returning to the children's house, Shiey returned to the house where they were staying and locked herself inside their room. She then started to pace back and forth because nothing was going her way. She just wanted to get close to him but no one wanted her to do that.

Remembering the doctor's words, she sat on the bed. "Should I just give up?" She mumbled to herself. "Since he already had a mate."

So many thoughts came to her mind but she could not shake the feeling of not wanting to give up. Xander was different from any other man she had interacted with but he was already the Alpha's mate. If she gave up now, will she be able to find someone like him?

"I should just give up," she sighed to herself. She then left and went to look after the children to get her mind off things.

In the next few days, the feeling of longing and jealousy whenever she saw him smile and laugh with the Alpha started to claw at her heart. She wanted him to treat her like that, she wanted him.

"Are you alright?" He asked one time that they were resting after playing with the children and she felt ecstatic about it.

"I'm fine," she answered with a smile. Her heart was already beating so fast by just being with him and she was excited at the thought that he was concerned about her. It was the best feeling she could ever have.

"That's good to know, I've noticed that you were frowning these past few days and thought that you have a problem." He smiled at her which she greatly enjoyed. She was about to answer but the Alpha came and interrupted them once again.

"Xander, let's go. I have something to give you," that smile made Shiey angry. She thought that the Alpha was a two-faced woman and that she was only pretending to be someone good.

"Okay, since we don't have anything to do right now." He stood up and bid her goodbye. Shiey could only nod and smile but the Alpha had been looking at her with cold eyes. It was as if she was looking down at her and she could feel the hostility emanating from her whenever their gaze met.

She watched the both of them walk away without giving her a second glance and the greed in her heart flared up. She wanted him all to herself. She hated the Alpha for monopolizing him.

'What was so good about her?' she silently asked herself as she watched them leave. 'Yes, she was an Alpha but aside from that there was no good merit to her. Aside from her acting like she was high and mighty because of her position and ordering everyone around, she could see no other traits that would make a man like her.'

That day she decided that she would not acknowledge them as mates. She still had a chance because Xander was human, and she believed that a human's heart can be easily swayed. All she needed to do was create an opportunity for her to show Xander that she was better than the Alpha.

Screw giving up, she would instead fight back. With the limited time they have in Ceurian, she would make sure that Xander would notice her.

'That's right you should get what you want,' a voice echoed out of nowhere which startled her. She looked around but saw no one and yet the voice continued to speak. 'We can kill her if you want, that way you can have Xander all to yourself.'

The voice was cold and yet at the same time it was enticing. It was urging her, pushing her slowly to agree with it. She frowned. She did not like the presence of the voice and how vicious it sounds. She took a deep breath and ignored it, but she did not expect that voice to be so persistent. She continued to shook it off but during the days where she found herself alone or jealous of what she was witnessing, the voice would become louder in her head.