EC 98: Everything in place

For the past days, Amber was busy with her duties as an Alpha and perusing through the records and books left by the Vampire King. Although she still had no clue as to where the vampires were, she still gained a lot from reading.

Everything she did while staying in the castle was spent with Xander. They took that chance to talk and laugh or just be by each other's side. Both of them knew that once Xander returned, they'd both lost time for each other.

Xander would return to his family and to his work. He expressed that he did not want to stay hidden just because he became a vampire. What only changed was his physical body but his mind has not. He was also worried that ENIGMA might have suffered after his yet another disappearance despite the preparations he made beforehand.

"According to Zael, your company is doing well," Amber informed him after she returned from the pack. These days, Xander asked if they could help him monitor ENIGMA because he was worried.

"That's good but we never know. Carl mad his parents will be able to hold back those greedy people but they can't do it for long. I have the largest share in the company but if they choose to use some underhanded techniques they might overtake my share." Xander explained, he can't let those people take his company. "And even though, I have the support of most of the board of directors, I'm not sure if they still have confidence in me after this second time of disappearance."

Amber looked at the man's frowning face, this power struggle was making him more restless and anxious. It reminded her of the time when the elders doesn't believe that she can be an Alpha and wanted to changed her. Luckily, Elder Veron was there every step of the way until her coming of age.

"Alright, I'll contact Edrei and ask him to keep a close eye on your company." Amber gave the man a hug to at least comfort him. It was the only thing she could do right now.

Just as Xander worried, ENIGMA has now fallen into an internal crisis. The board of directors were now calling out Carl and advising him to transfer the management of the company into someone else's capable hand. They don't believe that Xander would actually return and they were even pressing him to breakdown the shares under Xander's name since they are willing to buy it.

"You don't really think that I'll do that, I think a of you have lost your mind because of greediness." Carl sneered at these old geezers who were looking down at him. "Why would I even transfer the management of these company to others, when I am the second largest shareholder."

The upper echelons of the company was not fazed by the man's words. They've already prepared something for this scenario.

"Don't be too arrogant, because you are not the largest shareholder in the company, Mr. Villaluna already has twenty five percent of the shares of these company." One of the arrogant man declared, he let his assistant place a file in front of Carl. "And after these meeting, he will have at least thirty percent shares already, exceeding that of Xander's."

Carl looked through the file and saw that the shares were transferred to Miguel Villaluna, he narrowed his eyes and pushed the file away. "Don't be too full of yourself too, even if Mr. Villaluna has thirty percent shares, he is still not the owner of this company. Unless you give him all your shares, then I won't argue anymore." He swept his gaze along these people who only thinks about themselves. "I believe that you won't be willing to give him all your shares correct?" He smirked and even placed his hands on his chest while leaning on the chair.

"What are talking about? Last time we check, everything is as it is, don't take us as fools! You are only bluffing," another of them slammed his fist on the table while speaking.

"Bluffing? I am mot bluffing." He looked at his assistant and gave him the signal. The assistant went to the door and opened it for the person who was already waiting from the other side.

Everybody im the room knew the man, he was Xander's lawyer, Attorney Michael Andrews. The people in the room were confused so the lawyer did not keep them waiting.

"Engineer Xander Castillo has transferred all of his shares to his younger sister Xerra Castillo and Mr. Carl Villegas and the Villegas corporation, has also transferred their shares to Ms. Xerra, thus she has the whole fifty percent shares of the company naming her the rightful owner to ENIGMA." The bomb that was dropped exploded on their faces without warning. They were too shocked to speak but one of them tried to.

"B-but she's too young to be owning this company? How can she even run it?" One of them exclaimed. He did not want to believe what the lawyer was saying.

"Since the young miss is still young, Engr. Castillo has appointed Architect Carl Villegas to her guardian, and thus would be running the company and would be the acting CEO of ENIGMA until the young miss is ready to take over." Atty. Andrews announced which only made the atmosphere more terrible.

"Now that all is said and done, do you have anymore complaints?" Carl looked at their pale faces and he smiled in victory. "Don't ever try this stunt again, or else I'll strip you of your oh so beloved power."

Carl stood up and left, he had no time to listen to those people any longer. The lawyer followed as they left that suffocating place.

The vents of that day reached Zael, and he was impressed at this friend of Xander. He handled everything smoothly and showed that he was truly someone loyal. This then was passed to Xander who was smiling after hearing the news.

Xander was relieved, "I'm glad that Carl didn't crumble against that pressure. I was worried for nothing. I'm really glad that he became my friend."

Amber was also happy to see him smiling, "Your company and your sister are safe in his hands. Once you return, you should treat him."

Xander could only laugh, "I doubt that he would be happy to see me once I appear in front of him again. He might just gonna go ahead and kill me."

Amber could not also help but chuckled at Xander's words. She only met that friend but she could already imagine how angry he would be once he sees Xander again.